Home General Discussion
Options

Anyone else OCD about an even burn while smoking?

gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
Unless a cigar is burning razor sharp I seem to find myself obsessing about it. Checking constantly after every draw. Still enjoying the smoke but thinking more about the burn than anything else.

Comments

• Options
    hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    when I first started smoking I used to be but I'm not so much anymore.

CK
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I usually don't pay too much attention to it, unless I start to see some canoeing or tunneling, then I adjust or relight as needed. This hobby is about relaxing, don't worry about it unless it threatens your relaxation.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    same here, I try not to worry about it unless it's getting out of hand...if it burns perfectly, that's just an extra bonus in my book.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Well looks like Im the only OCD one ha ha. Maybe its a noobish type thing. Even though I smoke almost everyday Ive only been smoking about 6 months. I dont know why I pay so much attention to how its burning cause mostly they all seem to correct themselves for the most part anyway. I guess theres just nothing better than a super long tight ash on a perfectly even burn. I find the Oliva Gs to deliver this every time.

Krieg I love your signature, I think of it everytime my girlfriend and I go to the cigar bar together. She always insists on smoking a real cigar so I pick out somthing like a Romeo y Julieta for her. She will only smoke like an inch or two before she doesnt like the flavor anymore. So Im like dont waste it and end up smoking 2 cigars at once ha ha.
  • Options
    kent1146kent1146 Posts: 86
    Eh, I do notice burn, and try to correct the burn with a touch-up from my torch lighter if it doesn't correct itself within a few minutes.  What I try to do when I notice uneven burn is to rotate the cigar so that the "shorter" side of the burn is on the bottom.  The idea is that the heat will rise up to the unburned tobacco, and help that unburned tobacco light a little faster.

If that doesn't work after a few minutes, I'll give it a quick touch-up with my torch lighter.

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Unless it gets really crazy outta whack I don't sweat it .....remember, don't sweat the little stuff ...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    If it is a more expensive cigar, then yes. If it is one of my everyday sticks, then I don't mind as much because I know that I have a couple hundred of his buddies that won't let me down.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Unless it's really bad I don't mess with it. Smoking a cigar is about relaxing for me most of the time so I try not to worry unless it's bad enough to really hurt the draw or flavor.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    i dont OCD about the burn. just bacon.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I OCD about Jdorais OCDing about bacon.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cigars burn evenly... :-)
  • Options
    I wonder if some of my burn issues lately have to do with me smoking outside on my porch where is 90+ degrees and super humid here in Tampa.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    I wonder if some of my burn issues lately have to do with me smoking outside on my porch where is 90+ degrees and super humid here in Tampa.

GGRRRRRR ......:( ...damn it you hot weather hussies
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    yeah, I'm sick of the spur-attic weather here....
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    gaberox:

Yea, this hot weather is tough G-man!! haha Actually it's in the 70's to 80's here. PERFECT smoking weather!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    gaberox:

Yea, this hot weather is tough G-man!! haha Actually it's in the 70's to 80's here. PERFECT smoking weather!

Son of a ....raining all day here temps are mild though...