Home General Discussion

"Cigar Cask" scotch

A friend of mine has mentioned that he has heard about a "Cigar Cask" scotch blended to accentuate and compliment the flavors common to many cigars.  Has anybody else heard of this or more importantly tried it?  Thanks.

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I know several cigar companies make scotch. Davidoff comes to mind.
  • I sent a quick email to my buddy.  The Dalmore Cigar Single Malt was the label he was talking about. Thanks for the info on Davidoff, I'll have to look it up.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Dalmore stopped making their cigar malt. If you find a bottle or two let me know.
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    betasynn:
    I know several cigar companies make scotch. Davidoff comes to mind.
    Where does Davidoff produce their scotch?

CK
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Heck if I know.
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    I was just wondering because if its produced in the U.S. it can't be called a scotch. I'd be interested in trying it though if I could find a bottle.

CK
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    hawaiianbass:
    Where does Davidoff produce their scotch?

CK
    Scotland?
  • Goldy, I checked 7 liquor stores in three states, including your home state, to try and find some Dalmore Cigar Malt....no luck.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Last time I was in my local 'Packy' they had some in stock.
  • BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    Is scotch the preferred drink of choice to go with a cigar?  I'm not a huge scotch fan, so I'm curious if there is a better drink to compliment a cigar.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Biggin:
    Is scotch the preferred drink of choice to go with a cigar?  I'm not a huge scotch fan, so I'm curious if there is a better drink to compliment a cigar.
    I'm not a big scotch fan either so I usually stick with a good bourbon. Maker's Mark and Buffalo Trace are my favorites.
  • Bourbon is my drink of choice as well. My favorites are Michters, Woodford Reserve, Pappy Van Winkle and Knob Creek. Other one's that rank high with my taste's are Blantons and Basil Hayden's.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Smoky the Bear:
    Bourbon is my drink of choice as well. My favorites are Michters, Woodford Reserve, Pappy Van Winkle and Knob Creek. Other one's that rank high with my taste's are Blantons and Basil Hayden's.

Hey smokey if you like woodfords you'll love buffalo trace...
  • gmill880:
    Smoky the Bear:
    Bourbon is my drink of choice as well. My favorites are Michters, Woodford Reserve, Pappy Van Winkle and Knob Creek. Other one's that rank high with my taste's are Blantons and Basil Hayden's.

Hey smokey if you like woodfords you'll love buffalo trace...
    gmill - Buffalo Trace distillery does have some very good brands, Blanton's that I mentioned is distilled there. I've had Buffalo Trace bourbon and you are right, I was quite fond of it.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Biggin:
    Hey bigg's .. Most often I do not drink an alcohol beverage with my cigars.. I prefer coffee drinks, or cola drinks, okay, rum and coke would be alcohol I guess.. On Occasion a Fat Tire Amber Ale. I'm not a big Scotch fan either.