Home Cigar 101
Options

Question regarding cigar classification

samijxsamijx Posts: 6
If a cigar is listed as Nicaraguan, Conneticut, does that mean Nicaraguan filler and Conneticut wrapper or Nicaraguan wrapper and Conneticut filler? .......and what about the binder?

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    samijx:
    If a cigar is listed as Nicaraguan, Conneticut, does that mean Nicaraguan filler and Conneticut wrapper or Nicaraguan wrapper and Conneticut filler? .......and what about the binder?
    Usually, along with the countries of origin, the description will explain where the individual leaves come from. As in the wrapper is a Conneticut Broadleaf, while the fillers may be from several different countries, and the binder from yet another source. Your cigar may very well be more "world travelled" then you are!
    If you are unsure of the individual parts of a particular cigar, try Googling it and you should find a more descriptive outline of your cigar "Parts".
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    That is just too complicated.... I just smoke it.. (yeah some smartass is going to say something..)
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    phobicsquirrel:
    That is just too complicated.... I just smoke it.. (yeah some smartass is going to say something..)
    That's what she said.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    phobicsquirrel:
    That's what she said.
    bing bing bing....
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    phobicsquirrel:
    betasynn:
    phobicsquirrel:
    That's what she said.
    bing bing bing....
    I'll take the prize behind door C!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    samijx:
    If you pick up a Perelman's Pocket Cyclopedia of Cigars, you can find all the pertinent information about many cigars.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont classify by that. i go by factory. for instance,
    Camacho Havanna is honduran made with Honduran tobacco

A. Fuente Don Carlos is dominican made with cameroon wrapper and dominican filler.

phobic said it best: too complicated.
  • Options
    samijxsamijx Posts: 6

Okay, then its filler, then wrapper.  Got it.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dont forget about the binder

it really is just about the factory.... not where it is but who runs it. there are many cases where a factory is in one country and no tobacco from that country is being rolled into a particular cigar.

iduno. i dont really try to classify them.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    dont forget about the binder

it really is just about the factory.... not where it is but who runs it. there are many cases where a factory is in one country and no tobacco from that country is being rolled into a particular cigar.

iduno. i dont really try to classify them.
    I would go crazy... too many to count and keep track of, maybe duty has all the info on his spread-sheets?.