Home General Discussion
Options

new AJ blend

called Pinolero. Any details Alex (and Ccom) on this new smoke??

Comments

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I heard about this also, can't wait to try it
  • Options
    NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    Read a little on it from another website and it says it will be released at this years ipcpr
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Smoking one now and it is fantastic. Priced like San lotano but that is the only similarity. In fact, this is very different and outside AJ's usual profile. Reminds me of a Cohiba Behike. Actually if you put them side by side I would hard pressed to tell the difference. Same look and flavor equal but better.
  • Options
    Alex when can I order some from you guys?
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    First shipment will be August. I'm at the factory in Nicaragua this week and AJ just took the first batch out of the aging room!
  • Options
    Nice, I can't wait AJ by far my favorite blender, gonna buy a box ASAP
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Smoking one now and it is fantastic. Priced like San lotano but that is the only similarity. In fact, this is very different and outside AJ's usual profile. Reminds me of a Cohiba Behike. Actually if you put them side by side I would hard pressed to tell the difference. Same look and flavor equal but better.
    Alex is this the cuban-type blend you I talked about on the phone?
  • Options
    NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    Sounds great! Can't wait to try a few.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Alex Svenson:
    Well, if anyone could pull that off, it would be Mr. Fernandez.

Alex, will these be offered in a smaller ring; maybe a corona or lonsdale?

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Alex Svenson:
    Well, if anyone could pull that off, it would be Mr. Fernandez. Alex, will these be iffered in a corona or lonsdale?
    I don't know man....Aj has that signature that he puts in every blend that to me is way off the CC profile. I've only had a few examples that came close, and Nic tobacco is very strong to...although oddly both that come to mind were Nic tobacco with conny and criollo wrappers. I'll try it, but to compare to that profile is something a lot of people do...and fail. I love AJ's stick, and when they hit...they smash. I will definately be one of the ones in line to try it out. I just wish more people out there knew how amazing he is outside of the Online world.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    Alex Svenson:
    Well, if anyone could pull that off, it would be Mr. Fernandez. Alex, will these be iffered in a corona or lonsdale?
    I don't know man....Aj has that signature that he puts in every blend that to me is way off the CC profile. I've only had a few examples that came close, and Nic tobacco is very strong to...although oddly both that come to mind were Nic tobacco with conny and criollo wrappers. I'll try it, but to compare to that profile is something a lot of people do...and fail. I love AJ's stick, and when they hit...they smash. I will definately be one of the ones in line to try it out. I just wish more people out there knew how amazing he is outside of the Online world.
    AJ isn't just a blender of tobacco. The man is an artist. He knows how to produce the flavors he's aiming at, and he knows Cuban leaf. I'm sticking by my statement : If anybody can pull this one off, it's Mr. Fernandez. It'll be interesting to see if he can get that creamy Cuban Cohiba flavor out of Nic. leaf.

• Options
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    Alex Svenson:
    AJ isn't just a blender of tobacco. The man is an artist. He knows how to produce the flavors he's aiming at, and he knows Cuban leaf. I'm sticking by my statement : If anybody can pull this one off, it's Mr. Fernandez. It'll be interesting to see if he can get that creamy Cuban Cohiba flavor out of Nic. leaf.

Devils advocate....then why hasn't he? He makes good cigars, but I've heard the behike comparisons with other company's before and they don't get close to the regular cc cohiba. And while he is an artist, so are many others out there.... I'll doubt anyone that makes that claim and be glad to burn a behike side by side. I'd be willing to be its no where close, but a good cigar.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    Alex Svenson:

Devils advocate....then why hasn't he? He makes good cigars, but I've heard the behike comparisons with other company's before and they don't get close to the regular cc cohiba. And while he is an artist, so are many others out there.... I'll doubt anyone that makes that claim and be glad to burn a behike side by side. I'd be willing to be its no where close, but a good cigar.
    You're both right. And that puts me firmly on the fence. This sort of stuff makes me hate myself for reading pre-release information. I'll definitely try it when it comes out, though, I don't miss a new AJ stick.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    If someone like Kelner was mentioned doing this, I might buy into that hype. AJ has yet to put out a smoke I'd pay more than $5 for honestly. I love me some AJ, and I will jump on this. I'd just really like to see him challenge the medium complexity market, but I don't think it will fly in America...unless he puts out a 7x70
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    If someone like Kelner was mentioned doing this, I might buy into that hype. AJ has yet to put out a smoke I'd pay more than $5 for honestly. I love me some AJ, and I will jump on this. I'd just really like to see him challenge the medium complexity market, but I don't think it will fly in America...unless he puts out a 7x70
    There are few things in this life better than a really good $5 cigar, and this man has provided that guilty pleasure for my personal enjoyment better than any other blender I've run across.
  • Options
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    There are few things in this life better than a really good $5 cigar, and this man has provided that guilty pleasure for my personal enjoyment better than any other blender I've run across.
    Ditto... Unfortunately, there is nothing in my high end humi with his name on it. My low end is half AJ, along with aging boxes. I wish him the best and to be frank....I'd rather buy boxes of uhc then one of anejo. I'd just like to see him successful in the boutique category. He can't touch DPG, padron, Kelner, or cohiba and some ISOM in that regard.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I do not believe anything can be like a Behike. Ditto with Dustin's statement. It is easy to claim but difficult to copy a Behike. Overall Cohiba cigars are excellent but Behike is unique. I smoked entire Cuban Cohiba line. Cohiba Siglos, Gran Reserva Conseca 2003, 1966, Explendido all are great cigars but none of them are same as Behike. Cuban tobacco has a unique aromatic flavors and aroma which is a gift from nature. No cigar producing country can copy it. However other cigar producing countries also make few good cigars. The bottom line is Behike is unique as well as a Opus X, Vegas Robina or a Viaje Oro Reserva. I do not see any reason to compare anything with a Behike. It is possible to re-create a blend close to something but there are many factors- the origin of tobacco, crops, season, fermentation etc. It is not easy to re-create exactly the same blend even for the same brand year after year. Tobacco is a natural ingredient and it depends on the geographical location, weather, season. I believe in nature and the unique tatse of each cigar producing countries but not in marketing hype.
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    catfishbluezz:
    JDH:
    Alex Svenson: