Home General Discussion
Options

Combat Cigar Lounge Big Smoke 14 Jul 12

Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
The Kuwait Chapter of the Combat Cigar Lounge hosted it's first annual Big Smoke at Camp Buehring. Tons of swag and cigars were donated by Camacho, Cigars for Warriors, Cigars for Service Members, Deadwood Tobacco, and Cigars International.

We (the planners) figured about 100 Soldiers would drop by. We were wrong.

We put together 5 pack samplers along with raffle tickets (at no charge to the Soldiers), and handed out a total of almost 3,000 cigars to the (conservative guess) of over 300 Soldiers and Marines that stopped by to enjoy a smoke with BOTL and SOTL.

Heartfelt thanks go out to the donors for making a miserable (115+ degrees at 7:30pm) night in Kuwait fun and tolerable!

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Very cool. BTW, whats the menu like at Taco Bell and panda express? I see one in the last picture..lol

So they have these restaurants on base as well?? Very interesting.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Thats some good training right there :). Way to go Steve, pretty awesome....
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Very cool, thanks for the pics and background!
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    That's awesome, great pictures
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Totally cool, very nice!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Very cool. BTW, whats the menu like at Taco Bell and panda express? I see one in the last picture..lol

So they have these restaurants on base as well?? Very interesting.
    Camp Buehring is one of the larger bases over here. There's a Burger King, Taco Bell, Panda Express, Subway, KFC, Nathan's Hot Dogs, Starbucks...all the comforts of home. The menus are the same as in the States.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Nice! Cool event.

At Camp Bondsteel we have a cigar club that smokes every Sunday afternoon, but I work most Sundays, so I haven't been able to join up with them yet.

We have a Burger King, a Taco Bell, Anthony's Pizza and a Doner Kebab place here. No Starbucks, I wish though.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great turnout Steve!! Nicely done!! Take care over there.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    Nice! Cool event.

At Camp Bondsteel we have a cigar club that smokes every Sunday afternoon, but I work most Sundays, so I haven't been able to join up with them yet.

We have a Burger King, a Taco Bell, Anthony's Pizza and a Doner Kebab place here. No Starbucks, I wish though.
    We normally meet on Fridays or Saturdays with anywhere between 10-20 Soldiers and us retirees. We were only able to pull of the BIG SMOKE due to the extremely generous donations from the sponsors.