Home General Discussion
Options

selecting a cigar to smoke

Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
Does anyone ever go to the humidor to get a smoke, and can not make a decision? Then once you narrow it down to a couple different ones and you still cant decide? I was looking at my small selection the other day and my wife came in and said " What are you doing?" i said trying to make up my mind on which one i wanted. She said if it takes you this long to decide you have way too many, i said i will remind you of that when we go shoe shopping..........she walked out with out saying a word. I thik i may have actually won one!

Comments

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Lol, I find myself doing that most of the time
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    Does anyone ever go to the humidor to get a smoke, and can not make a decision? Then once you narrow it down to a couple different ones and you still cant decide? I was looking at my small selection the other day and my wife came in and said " What are you doing?" i said trying to make up my mind on which one i wanted. She said if it takes you this long to decide you have way too many, i said i will remind you of that when we go shoe shopping..........she walked out with out saying a word. I thik i may have actually won one!
    One, you can NEVER and I repeat NEVER win one, she is just letting you think that, lol.

Wait til you get to the point when you look and can't decide then leave without a smoke. Wait until you do this 2 or 3 times in a 15 minute span and still can't decide.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Rail Jockey:
    One, you can NEVER and I repeat NEVER win one, she is just letting you think that, lol.

Wait til you get to the point when you look and can't decide then leave without a smoke. Wait until you do this 2 or 3 times in a 15 minute span and still can't decide.
    Your right, that comment is probably stored in the "when im pissed" rolidex....20 years from now im sure she will pull that card out and play it on me for something.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    All the freakin time. Sometimes I'll pace back and forth between my humis for like 10 15 minutes. I try to have a line up by having a tray of the smokes for the week. Ya that doesn't work.
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    WINNING!
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I used to, but I smoke so infrequently now I don't have that issue. I'm at the point where a 5 vegas gold, or a Cuavana intenso feels like a treat. Not that there's anything wrong with those sticks. They just seem amazing after a few weeks of nothing.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the time. I am the type who will reach for an Ashton (thanks Mike!) then think, "I need an occasion for this". Put it back and pick up an Anejo...... Then put that back too...... Then pick up an AJ Over Run and smoke that... I am such a *** when it comes to smoking the few top shelf stuff I have. LOL Its got to the point where even my wife asks where I got it and how much would it cost to replace.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    then think, "I need an occasion for this".......
    Any day above ground is "an occasion" and remember, "It is just a cigar"..........................
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    The hardest part for me is not smoking multiple cigars at once. I dont get to replenish my that often, so i have to make them last.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Vision:
    then think, "I need an occasion for this".......
    Any day above ground is "an occasion" and remember, "It is just a cigar"..........................
    +1, A chance to smoke a cigar, especially with someone, is all the occasion I need. I grabbed an Oliva MB1 last night and don't regret it at all.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    Abso-freeakin-lutely.
    I stand there, grab one. No, I only have one of those. Put it back.
    This one. No, not in the mood for that one.
    Ah, this one. No, save that one for this occasion.
    Wait, here's one. Didn't know I had this one. Better put it back, it's too good to smoke today.
    Wait, here's one. Naw, that one will take 2 hours to smoke.
    Crap. I know, let's run down the cigar shop. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Rail Jockey:
    Abso-freeakin-lutely.
    I stand there, grab one. No, I only have one of those. Put it back.
    This one. No, not in the mood for that one.
    Ah, this one. No, save that one for this occasion.
    Wait, here's one. Didn't know I had this one. Better put it back, it's too good to smoke today.
    Wait, here's one. Naw, that one will take 2 hours to smoke.
    Crap. I know, let's run down the cigar shop. LOL!
    Lmao when faced with what to smoke I'll usually end up at the B&M and buy more of what I already have. The one good thing about it is lounging with the owner and employees and having a good smoke and no distractions
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    All the time. I usually try and pick a couple for the next few days. And stick to those. Still doesn't work all the time.
  • Options
    I forgot to add this to my earlier post.

I like to think about what i want to smoke all day at work because its like a pleasant day dream and i can just pick it up and head outside once i get home.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a hard time deciding if i should smoke a favorite or try one ive never had before.my wife laughs when she sees me standing in front of the humidor staring.she always says just reach in and grab one
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Cazzie13Cazzie13 Posts: 48
    Worse then that is the rare occasion I don't have cigars with me or smoked what I did have and I go to whatever B&M I can find and just stand in the walk in humidor trying to figure out what to buy. Feel like a little kid in a candy store.
  • Options
    Cazzie13:
    Worse then that is the rare occasion I don't have cigars with me or smoked what I did have and I go to whatever B&M I can find and just stand in the walk in humidor trying to figure out what to buy. Feel like a little kid in a candy store.

I do that sometimes too!

The manager of the B&M I most often frequent laughs when i come in because him and I have similar tastes in cigars and he knows im going to make him pick something for me.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lately I've been picking a lot of cigars out of my aged humidor. I just moved about a dozen four years and up sticks to the "everyday" humidor so I am more likely to burn those. I have a PSD4, a couple older Opus X, an old Avo Domain from a long time gone member (Urbino), and an Oliva V maduros all ready to burn soon.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    nickiam:
    I forgot to add this to my earlier post.

I like to think about what i want to smoke all day at work because its like a pleasant day dream and i can just pick it up and head outside once i get home.
    this.
    i actually will pick out a smoke and have my mind on it all day. this will affirm that i wanna smoke it.