Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My Big Backyard Project.

ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
Last year my wife and I decided that our son (now 2 years old) needed a big toy for the back yard. My buddy Jeff and I spent last Saturday and this Saturday and 4 week nights in between to build the big toy.
Saturday 7 July 2012
Monday 9 July 2012
Wednesday 11 July 2012
Thursday 12 July 2012
Friday 13 July 2012
My son John Michael inspecting the project

Saturday 15 July 2012: Finally Completed
The Daredevil Slider
Rockwall and ladder

Comments

• Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    that thing is sweet man. good job
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Cool!!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a word, "WOW"!!! That's one helluva nice job, Bro. I'll bet your little bruiser loves it!! Good on you.....

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I had a swing!!!!!. Awesome!
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Awesome job, love the green boots!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Nice!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Absolutely freakin AAAAAAAWESOME John! Great job man, and congrats on sewing up Dad of the year FO SHO! Make sure to hit it with some sealant when the time is right. On a side note from the pictures, if there is any look in the history of fashion that screams "I'm a 100% self confident man, and I neither need nor desire your approval because I do what I want" MORE than lime green galoshes with no pants, I can't imagine what it is! :-) You're gonna wanna keep that pic around for blackmail material when he becomes a teenager Dad, trust me on this one... LOL
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Wow!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    That is pretty impressive! Nice Job! If I were you, I'd get drunk and smoke some fine cigars in that thing... Maybe even sleep in it
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Thanks guys, yes my son loves his frog boots, even in the middle of summer he still wants to wear them. I still have to create a border and back fill with 6 inches of playground mulch. I will update when that is done next month.
    it is time for a celebration cigar.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember it is Washington and we only get part time sun during summer. Those frog boots come in handy year round!! Lol..he will use that for a long time to come. Great job and enjoy yourselves!! Jim
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Excellent job.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    That's really cool! I don't doubt that all that hard work was worth it!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Googly Moogly! You need a building permit for that?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    dang. that is freakin impressive John. awesome!
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Nice job, I've been thinking about getting one for my daughter.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is sweet!!!! Nice work, bro!
    I bet your son loves having his own personal backyard playground! Very cool.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    That's awesome bro!! You went all out. He'll enjoy that for years!!
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    ShotgunJohn:
    Thanks guys, yes my son loves his frog boots, even in the middle of summer he still wants to wear them. I still have to create a border and back fill with 6 inches of playground mulch. I will update when that is done next month.
    it is time for a celebration cigar.
    Dude, John, great job with that thing. And hilariousl pic with the boots. what is it with 2 year old boys, no pants and rain boots? my 2.5 year old little dude goes insane for his boots, all day everyday. Rain, shine, pants, shorts, pajamas, no pants at all, going out, staying in and chasing the dogs, it doesn't matter, its always boots time.

Gotta be the ease of putting them on, those handles come in real handy to the uncoordinated I guess. That or the fact that its fun to clomp around the house for hours growling like a bear. Aside from the lunacy that goes along with 2 year olds, they just get more and more fun everyday.

Thanks for Sharing though John
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Will you build me one too! Im 29 going on 10!