Home General Discussion
Options

CIGAR OF THE MONTH CLUB C.COM

CURIOUS, Counting myself, how many of the C.COM group is a member of the COTMC, I think it pays for itself over and over, I ask this only because it works out so well when U get to save 10% off your sticks, I have tried other clubs and they do not come close to the BRANDS sent by C.COM. please let me know

Comments

• Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I am expiring next month, though
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I did for 2 years. It was worth it for me. Got to try lots of smokes. Now, I'm a bit more discerning. Still, its' a good deal for folks wanting to try different stuff.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Been since at least 2008. The discount for me is worth it.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I was a member last year, thinking about joining again
  • Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    Been thinking about joining...I've read mixed reviews on it though like the first two months are the only good sticks they give you then it gets worse and worse..any truth?
  • Options
    jswaykosjswaykos Posts: 53
    Lift603:
    Been thinking about joining...I've read mixed reviews on it though like the first two months are the only good sticks they give you then it gets worse and worse..any truth?
    ----- I wouldn't think so - it's always someone's first month, ya know? And I assume everyone gets the same sticks each month...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    jswaykos:
    Lift603:
    ----- I wouldn't think so - it's always someone's first month, ya know? And I assume everyone gets the same sticks each month...
    I enjoyed it for the year I had it. You get sticks you might not buy normally. For me, that money was well spent elsewhere(Sprintsale or ccom daily deal).
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've been on it twice... Loved it, always was a good surprise to get them and when I was in a super experimentation phase they were the best!
    I have found Park Avenue's to be one of the best Churchill's I've smoked on a budget, I've found I like Rocky Patels, I've found I like most Padillas and all through the COTMC. I would not have purchased them otherwise!
  • Options
    jesenstenjesensten Posts: 36
    I'm still enjoying Noob status so it's a great asset for me to try a lot of different sticks that I otherwise wouldn't. A good example was the Saint Louis Rey in last month's pack. I really enjoyed it and it's priced for an everyday smoke. Something none of my local B&Ms carry and one I would likely never click on or buy myself. I, too, have been surprised my enjoyment of the Rocky Patels in the COTM... especially the Old World Reserve!
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    LIFT603, now that U say that I noticed the first 3 months I was receiving some pretty top of the line sticks I mean premium smokes, then they started getting smaller and with smaller ring sizes, I have to think about what i said when I started this new topic, WOW I think U are right.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. I like trying sticks I probably wouldn't try on my own. But did anyone else have issues with the RP 90 that came with the June shipment? I've been fighting mine all morning trying to keep it lit. It was packed pretty loosely, cratered a lot, had a fairly strong ammonia smell in the first inch or so - a bit of a bummer. And I love the RP 90 and 92. Go figure, huh?
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    jlmarta, YES, U are correct OH MY GOSH, I have my CIGAR DOSSIER I purchased from C.COM and when it was time to rate the RP90 I was not very nice, it was on my scale from 1-10 I gave it a very GENEROUS 3 so true, this was one of just a few sticks I have had in my smoking career that has no room in a box. when I started this new thread asking how many of us are COTMC members, because I think/thought it was a great deal, but now that I think about some of the postings, U are correct, it seems like they get U with sending some of the top of the lline sticks, then they taper down with some small ring and length smokes, I will have to rethink this deal, what i do like is the 10% off prices they do help when U order over a certain amount of sticks. anyway talk with Uall soon