Home General Discussion
Options

Xikar Lighter issues?

nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
Since June 30th Ive had 2 Xikar flash lighters stop working. They both stopped sparking randomly. The store replaced the first one, but told me if it happened it again id have to mail it in. Which i did today, but i was just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to double tap mine to light. Are you using Xikar fuel?
  • Options
    No. It was colibri triple filtered and another high end brand that was supposedly quadruple filtered.

I wouldnt think the fuel would stop it from sparking though or am I wrong.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dad bought some Quadfiltered expensive stuff. Twice the price of my Xikar and it was OILY as h3ll. Killed his torch. It also burned green as it heated up. And it stunk.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if it stopped sparking then it isnt a fuel issue. it is 100% mechanical. its strange that has happened to you twice. maybe you can call up xikar and ask them if there is a common cause for this and what you can do to prevent it from not sparking. worst case is that they will tell you that it was their fault and a defect and you are very unlucky. they will replace the lighter with a new one.
  • Options
    Thanks Kuzi,

I may call them today, but I'm thinking i might wait until they email/call me as I mailed the lighter back yesterday for warranty repair/replacement.
  • Options
    elchiveroelchivero Posts: 1
    At least you will get a new lighter xikar will refund you a new one. I have noticed that the lighters are fuel picky i also had problems using a diffrent type of fuel just bought some xikar fuel and it worked.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the best luck with Vector lighter fuel.
    I have one Xikar lighter that the spark on it only works once in a while. I love the lighter, but don't use it often, cause the spark problem.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    I've had the best luck with Vector lighter fuel.
    I have one Xikar lighter that the spark on it only works once in a while. I love the lighter, but don't use it often, cause the spark problem.

That is what happened at first with both lighters, it would take a couple strikes to get them to spark. Then all of the sudden they would just stop working.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    I feel your pain!!! I am on my third Colibri Providence triple torch. I know it's not the same brand but when you spend good money on a lighter, it should freakin work! LOL
  • Options
    Smokindaddy:
    I feel your pain!!! I am on my third Colibri Providence triple torch. I know it's not the same brand but when you spend good money on a lighter, it should freakin work! LOL

+1

A lot of times ill let stuff go(i.e...wrong food order, cashier didnt put my candy bar in the bag) but im definitely taking them up on their no questions asked lifetime warranty and ill keep sending them back.
  • Options
    nickiam:
    Smokindaddy:

+1

A lot of times ill let stuff go(i.e...wrong food order, cashier didnt put my candy bar in the bag) but im definitely taking them up on their no questions asked lifetime warranty and ill keep sending them back.
    Good for you, that's exactly how I've been with Colibri.
  • Options
    sms419sms419 Posts: 21
    Ive not been impressed with Xikar products
    My punch was dented on the cutting edge and i sent it to be fixed. And it was so dull when i got it back it wouldnt cut. They have great warranty but my Xikar lighter thats only 6 months old now wont work. May need to try a different brand
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just got my triple flame.back today. It was the second time I had to send it back. The first time the only fixed the lighting problem and not the problem with the butane leaking back out after refilling. I called, they sent me a prepaid label and sent it back. Now I can fill it but... it doesn't correctly. If you turn it all the way down it won't fill so I need to turn it up a little and it will not fill.completely but it gets almost full. My second xikar my gf got me takes about 20-30 strikes before it lights. Been like this since I got it. Will send.it back eventually.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    what luck... my double flame xikar lighter I got from sprint sale just 3-4 months ago just died on me. aweeesome.
  • Options
    jliu:
    what luck... my double flame xikar lighter I got from sprint sale just 3-4 months ago just died on me. aweeesome.
    Oh noooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Get this one

http://xikar.com/products/lighters/stratosphere/

You will never have another issue.
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    Get this one

http://xikar.com/products/lighters/stratosphere/

You will never have another issue.
    that looks super sturdy. i just may need to. or... wal mart bigger matches for one dollar. bah!
  • Options
    jliu:

I mailed my lighter back to Xikar on monday. I called about 10 minutes ago and they had received it, checked it out, and are replacing it. The lady was super nice and said that my new lighter would be mailed out today.

Regardless if they keep breaking i would buy more Xikar stuff just because of their customer service.
  • Options
    nickiam:
    jliu:

I mailed my lighter back to Xikar on monday. I called about 10 minutes ago and they had received it, checked it out, and are replacing it. The lady was super nice and said that my new lighter would be mailed out today.

Regardless if they keep breaking i would buy more Xikar stuff just because of their customer service.
    good stuff man. I need to do this. mind PMing me who you called and where you sent it to? overall logistics of how you took care of it would be a great help
  • Options
    Same here not working just got mine today.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sksplit@yahoo.co m:
    Same here not working just got mine today.
    Send it back from wherever you got it!! Ive had a xikar crossover (is that right? With the "flower" flame) and Ive had excellent luck with it! Only needed fuel output adjusted once with a screwdriver, now it is great going on 2 years.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America