Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Via...Havana Cigars

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
Not really going to do a review here, other than to say...wow. Just got one from a buddy who gets them from a local b&m by him and what a great stick. Oily wrapper with a bit of a shaggy or open foot. Great balance and the smoothest flavor or everything from chocolate to cedar and all while having a good burn and profile. YOU MUST try one.

This being said....anyone else have one before, or have any layin around? Not much I can see on the internet for this stick other than the label. Help me folks.

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Vulchor:
    Not really going to do a review here, other than to say...wow. Just got one from a buddy who gets them from a local b&m by him and what a great stick. Oily wrapper with a bit of a shaggy or open foot. Great balance and the smoothest flavor or everything from chocolate to cedar and all while having a good burn and profile. YOU MUST try one.

This being said....anyone else have one before, or have any layin around? Not much I can see on the internet for this stick other than the label. Help me folks.
    You make comments like that and then ask if anyone cn help YOU find some?! I think you should find some for the whole class Dave ;)
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Vulchor:

You make comments like that and then ask if anyone cn help YOU find some?! I think you should find some for the whole class Dave ;)
    I agree with Doug, either you have enough for everyone or you go sit in the corner. Dave, you ain't making many friends with a post like that, LOL.
  • Options
    Only had the one stick of gum boys, not the whole package-------or cigar as the case may be. It sucks, because I dont even have access to the f*ckers without my buddy who I dont see toooooo often.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Label? You got one?:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Only had the one stick of gum boys, not the whole package-------or cigar as the case may be. It sucks, because I dont even have access to the f*ckers without my buddy who I dont see toooooo often.
    Dammit Dave, get more buddies then, lol.
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    Vulchor:
    Dammit Dave, get more buddies then, lol.
    OHHHHHH BURNNNNNNNNNN!
  • Options
    Think I still have the label, have to check when I get home......as for now I am doing interviews for new friends;)
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    twitter & facebook is the only information I can readily find on them. Doing some more digging.
  • Options
    Same here....cmon Blurr, do it for us baby.
  • Options
    Dave, how did the interviews go? If I send you cigars, can I be your friend? I still won't sit at your lunch table but we can play on the monkey bars together.
  • Options
    Havent gotten anyone to agree to my terms yet;)

Cigars help, but I also am requesting free lunches and a butler.
  • Options
    I've smoked the entire line. Hands down, best smokes I've had in years. Complex, flavor bombs, with unbelievable draw, and smoke. The Dulce Maduro is an experience you must have.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    hmm their website has me weary so far, and everything I've seen to this point. I'm interested for sure, would like to buy some, but the inability to locate them readily, plus the salesmanlike VH employee post above has me pretty convinced they are aiming at creating a CONTROLLED release, kinda reminiscent of Viaje, with the hype, high prices, and fanatic fanboys. I won't chase down hard to find, and I understand sometimes its due to limited tobacco. But every time a new boutique comes out and it just seems like they are purposefully creating the Edicion Limitada type atmosphere to justify prices, it just drives me away immediately. If anyone can get a few of these sure I'd like to try them, but I'm giving up for now before I even smoke any as I can tell these are not going to be readily available without chasing and dropping life savings.
  • Options
    I found a Havana Cigars website with prices and such but I don't know if it is the correct one. Here is a link to it.

http://www.havanasmoke.com/handmade.html
  • Options
    Nevermind my last post. Just found the website and have sent them a letter to get some info. I will keep everyone posted on these.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    What a tease, come on Vulch, at least give us a pic of the label so we can hunt some down.
  • Options
    You can see them here Gypsy...

http://www.havanasmoke.com/handmade.html
  • Options
    I have what you're looking for...Via Havana Cigars are a new line from Cuba Rica Tabacalera, out of So Cal.
    Stephen Adib and his partner blended an outstanding stick in this one, along with their newest release, the Testarosso.
    Looking for a B&M that carries the line, Excalibur Cigar Lounge in San Diego has em, and there's a VH event today 9/7. If you like yours full of body with rounded flavors, yet not much on spice...this one's for you.

And NO, I'm not a VH rep...just enjoy the sticks Cool [H]
    http://www.viahavana.com/

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Nice, another first time poster advertising Excalibur in San Diego...
  • Options
    I found these at a local Seattle Cigar shop JnJ Cigars! I grabbed a Maduro and all I can say is WOW! Unbelievable stick! Smooth, rich, multiple flavors, good burn, nice oily yet firm wrapper, slightly sweet cap but not annoyingly so. I'm definitly going to be looking for more of these!
  • Options
    I never did get a response from them... I still think Dave should have to bring some for the whole class :)

Majorvox can you tell us the price point at your B&M ?
  • Options
    I found these at a B&M in California. I picked up a couple of the maduro dulce toros. They were about $10 a stick. I wasn't initially interested in them because the maduro dulce has a cap that has been slightly sweetened with honey and sugar, which is typically not my thing. But the owner was really talking them up, so I tried them and was pleasantly surprised. It didn't taste like a traditionally sweetened cigar, it just had a sweet undertone that complimented the cigar nicely. I'd pick up some more if I ever see them again.
  • Options
    desertsmoke:
    I found these at a B&M in California. I picked up a couple of the maduro dulce toros. They were about $10 a stick. I wasn't initially interested in them because the maduro dulce has a cap that has been slightly sweetened with honey and sugar, which is typically not my thing. But the owner was really talking them up, so I tried them and was pleasantly surprised. It didn't taste like a traditionally sweetened cigar, it just had a sweet undertone that complimented the cigar nicely. I'd pick up some more if I ever see them again.
    Thanks for the info. bro. May have to look into these, if I can find them at a good price.