Home General Discussion
Options

Tatuaje La Verite Vintage 2008 and 2009

VisionVision Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
What is a good price per stick. There is a local B&M that has them for $14-15 a stick. Is that a good price?

Comments

• Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Big Steve will know, he just got some 2009's.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Thats a good price. $12-13 would be a great price. They are worth every penny of $15 imho.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That's as good a price as you're likely to find. Are they the La Verite churchills, or the Espirit la Verite robustos? I only ask because they are different cigars, not just different vitolas.
  • Options
    2008 are a Robusto size and the 09s are Churchill
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Buy them
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Thats another cigar I wish I found locally
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Some folks looove those cigars. I wanna say BigT and Justin for sure. I forget which of the la verite they liked though... if you ask them, I'm sure they'll let you know
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Never had 2008. I have and love 2009 robustos haven't tried the Churchill's yet.
  • Options
    2008 I prefer the churchill. 2009 I prefer the robusto. They are all fantastic though.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    When I read posts like this it reaffirms why I love cigars so much, and hate them equally as much. I had one of the 2009 churchills I was so exicted to try on my cruise. Smoked it.....thought it was average to below average. D@mn my palate, and I am very jealous of you all who find pleasure in these nice sticks that I often feel arent much better than a 4 dollar smoke.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    When I read posts like this it reaffirms why I love cigars so much, and hate them equally as much. I had one of the 2009 churchills I was so exicted to try on my cruise. Smoked it.....thought it was average to below average. D@mn my palate, and I am very jealous of you all who find pleasure in these nice sticks that I often feel arent much better than a 4 dollar smoke.
    You're not alone there...I don't get much from any of the La Verite incarnations. It's a really cool idea, but they don't do much for me.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Vulchor:
    You're not alone there...I don't get much from any of the La Verite incarnations. It's a really cool idea, but they don't do much for me.
    Is this that stick you were talking about that they are selling in advance of it being grown? Kinda like wine is sometimes I guess.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Vulchor:
    Is this that stick you were talking about that they are selling in advance of it being grown? Kinda like wine is sometimes I guess.
    I don't know if it's before being grown, but yes, they're like wine futures.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Never had 2008. I have and love 2009 robustos haven't tried the Churchill's yet.
    Havn't had the churchill??!!! Hrrrm interesting. Its good.. but a comparison is needed.
    Yeah 14-15 is what I pay for them.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    JHewey:
    Havn't had the churchill??!!! Hrrrm interesting. Its good.. but a comparison is needed.
    Why do I have the sudden urge to duck and hide? Lol
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    bigfnsteve:
    JHewey:
    Why do I have the sudden urge to duck and hide? Lol
    Na no need for that. It will come. Embrace it. I commit to no time frame but it will come.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Vulchor:
    I don't know if it's before being grown, but yes, they're like wine futures.
    When youre doing gimmicky $hit like this....sorry, youre not a cigar guy, your a business man with a good model who haoppens to dabble in tobacco. At least with Fuente, Padron, ect. you get what you get. If I wanna play game shows or cute little hide and seek projects I'll join a fraternity. I just wanna smoke a good cigar and not have to decipher the hype from the flavor.
  • Options
    Well put. Even the guy at the store told us.... "For 15 bucks.... buy a Padron"
  • Options
    Vision:
    Well put. Even the guy at the store told us.... "For 15 bucks.... buy a Padron"
    That guys for crazy. You gotta spend a lot more than $15 to get a Padron that'll touch a La Verite in my opinion. To each bis own, but the La Verite is a special cigar, and there's a reason it's my all time favorite.