Home Non Cigar Related

Alerts or something for forum?

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Even though this forum is somehow still in html form, don't know why..? But can we at least get an email notification if we get a PM? Some times I don't get on for a few days, yet there is some PM's that are time sensitive. mean we register using emails don't we, so all emails are on file.

Maybe a person who knows about this more than I do can tell me that it is impossible to configure..

Before anyone jumps on me, I know this is a free forum, but so are every single one out there. I'm not hating, but in this day, you have to keep up with whats avaliable a tad bit. I'm probably part of 10+ forums, and this is the only one still in html format and no notifications for PM's. I can't be the only person who feels this way.

Rant over, back to Daily hottie threads. (which reminds me, I'm sure there will be tons more images if we can get updated to non-html format)

Comments

• SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Good suggestion
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    Good suggestion

Yeah, and it's been suggested time and time again with no results. I said I wouldn't bit ch anymore about this but as time goes on the situation just gets more and more ridiculous. End of comment. Are you listening, Krebsie???
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This forum program is a bit antiquated.
    The problem is, while it works, it probably isn't costing them to use it.
    I haven't seen the admin program for this particular forum program, but most forum programs have an option for email notification.

The problem with activating email notification is that spammers can use it to send emails through the forum program. Which would not be good and takes quite a bit of configuration to prevent that from happening. Not saying it can't be done. My website forum has those features.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    George Lucas said he could make Star Wars better too... Then we had Greedo shooting first, Han weirdly stepping over Jabba's tail and Jar Jar Binks...

If it a'int broke... Don't add **** add-ons....
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    George Lucas said he could make Star Wars better too... Then we had Greedo shooting first, Han weirdly stepping over Jabba's tail and Jar Jar Binks...

If it a'int broke... Don't add **** add-ons....
    You know Lucas did debunk that han shoots first thing a while ago, I mean is it really that big of a deal? (I am a huge star wars geek mind you) but the rest is solid. Actually when I saw the laserdisc many moons ago with the actor who played jaba I thought it was weak (since we see him in ROTJ) but when the SE's came out the cgi jabba was cool but he was way to small. I can handle what lucas did with the SE's and stuff and even some of the stuff with the blu rays but I do not like the vader yelling NO in revenge of the sith and him doing it now in ROTJ. And yeah the phantom menace was the worst thing that could have happened to star wars.