Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Tatuaje wolfie... mini review #4

BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
Big thanks to Jiunn once again. I have enjoyed smoking and reviewing these mini monsters quite a lot!

Prelight: Looks cool. The shaggy foot is a great touch, and once again perfect construction. The aroma is woody and spicy. The cold draw is spicy and delicate at the same time. Not sure what to expect now...

Light and initial taste: Black pepper, red pepper, cinnamon, leather, and a touch of coffee like sweetness that I can't really pinpoint yet. Looks like I may be in for a ride.

1st half: The initial flavors continue to be present, and play off each other very well. Around the end of the 1st third a bit of nutmeg and citrus notes come into play. There are several different spices, and I am surprised at how well balanced this cigar is. There is a charred wood note and a sweetness that are ever present, but you almost forget they are there because the spices and leather notes shift so frequently.

The draw and burn are excellent. The box press is almost square, and feels good in the hand.

2nd half: I am blown away at the complexity of this cigar. It has made 2 huge transitions as the second half takes shape. Keeps you on your toes for sure. The cinnamon has a sort of sweetness that accompanies the spices and the citrus note on the draw is unique. Totally different than the citrus note on the mummy. It's more of an orange citrus. Together it's like a cinnamon roll with an orange glaze while drinking a cup of coffee... all the while the spice and leather remain.

The smoke output is generous to say the least. Nice oily feel on the palate.

Final thoughts: Wow. I have had a few regular Wolfmans and they were more like puppies compared to this thing. This vitola is twice as complex, burns better, and is just plain better than the larger cousin. This cigar demands your attention. It makes nice, clear transitions and remains complex from start to finish. This cigar destroys the larger vitola in every aspect.

Bottom line: I expected the least from this cigar, but it has brought more to the table than any other mini monster so far. I enjoyed the mummy and face more, but this is a more "complete" cigar. I find myself again wishing they were more widely available. I can only imagine how complex this cigar would be with a couple years on it.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Comments

• Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Thanks for the review BigT. I really like the regular Wolfman and now I find myself just hoping there are some of the little ones still around when I get back to the states!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    You're killing me with these reviews, man. I didn't want to touch these things on general principle, but I think I might have to bite now...argh! Argh in a good way though, and huge props to pumping these great reviews out so quickly.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    You're killing me with these reviews, man. I didn't want to touch these things on general principle, but I think I might have to bite now...argh! Argh in a good way though, and huge props to pumping these great reviews out so quickly.
    totally hear ya Ken. Luckily for me, I nabbed a few boxes. I am for sure going to smoke all five of them over the weekend. These reviews are sounding way too delicious
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I hate you,,,,, I mean Thanks Big T for another awesome review!!!! (talks to self) Now wheres that fn credit card..
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jiuly set you up nice!! Like your reviews too, some great info right there.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    I know what you mean... but these cigars kick ass. I have been genuinely surprised by how good they are, actually.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I agree so far they have exceeded all my expectations. I was under a rock when they were first released so I just had to jump on them. I knew they were kinda a gimmick but I had to have them and they are very good cigars I still can't get over how well made they are. I urged everyone who is on the fence to get themselves a a box they will not be sorry. Another great review I will have to try my mini wolfman soon but I have a feeling after T reviews the Frank I will be smoking that one tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890:
    I agree so far they have exceeded all my expectations. I was under a rock when they were first released so I just had to jump on them. I knew they were kinda a gimmick but I had to have them and they are very good cigars I still can't get over how well made they are. I urged everyone who is on the fence to get themselves a a box they will not be sorry. Another great review I will have to try my mini wolfman soon but I have a feeling after T reviews the Frank I will be smoking that one tomorrow night.
    Frank review will be tonight ;)
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Gaetano7890:
    Frank review will be tonight ;)
    holllaaaa woot woot
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I have to say so far the Wolfe is my favorite. Nice kick at the beginning and the flavor profile was amazing. T hit it so I won't comment to much on the flavor cause he is much better at. I will say the flavor changes were sharp and noticeable the burn was sharp and the press was def different I not usually a big box Peres fan but this one was great.
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    great review again Todd