Home General Discussion
Options

Input on LFD's

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey everybody, I’m looking for some input on some La Flor Dominicanas. I’ve loved every cigar I’ve had from them, but I’m wondering if some of the harder-to-find/older/limited edition stuff is worth the money and effort to acquire. I recently bought a box of the Salomones and am really looking forward to lighting one of those up soon. I also have my eye on a box of the Double Ligero Oscuro Natural A’s. Has anyone had one of those? My B&M has them in stock for $25, but I don’t really want to overpay for a single. Any input on any of their non-standard stuff would be awesome. Thanks guys! Also, before anybody gets any ideas, I'm not fishing for someone to send me some to try. I really just want some input, not some cigars.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Find the digger, smoke it, pray to God you don't die.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    I must agree with marker...try the Digger. Also, if you can, try the newer Colorado Oscuro. they're really good

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    hey shaft. SHAAAAFT. PM to you sensei
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Marker:
    I must agree with marker...try the Digger. Also, if you can, try the newer Colorado Oscuro. they're really good
    The Digger, hmmmm..... Is that the one that's as big as a damn pillar?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    dbeckom:
    Marker:
    The Digger, hmmmm..... Is that the one that's as big as a damn pillar?
    Yeah just sent one to Bigsizza.. figured I'd send him the biggest smoke I had. haha
    Its a long smoke but pretty good imho
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of LFD, but I'm having a Lito Gomez Diez that is amazing
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Not a fan of LFD, but I'm having a Lito Gomez Diez that is amazing
    Take your HATORADE AND GO DRINK IT SOME PLACE ELSE
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tony, I'm a big fan of the LFD Ligero line, the Sumatra and Oscuro wrappers especially. Not as much a fan of the Double Ligero, I don't think it has as much flavor with the exception of the chisel...btw, try the chisel if you haven't , **** awesome cigar. As for the higher end...I don't think the higher end offerings are appreciably better than the regular stuff regardless of price...factoring price in, to me they're not worth it. That's my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input so far guys. I have had the Colorado Oscuro and the LG Diez. Enjoyed both immensely. I'm really looking for some insight on some of the older releases. Are the Factory Press II's much different than the III's and IV's? What about the Limitadas and Small Batch's? I'm actually out to smoke these things and if some limited edition stick is ten dollars more but is essentially the same as a regular production stick, then what's the point? I don't really want to pay for a different band. Also, were any of the oddball cigars he put out just plain not good? (Assuming you like LFD stuff in general) Thanks again everyone.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention this...do yourself a favor and pick up a Diadema Duo set if you run across one.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I forgot to mention this...do yourself a favor and pick up a Diadema Duo set if you run across one.
    I've been eyeing those as well. They look really nice, if nothing else.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I have not had anything from litto that I wouldn't buy again so really I can't see why not...buy them up!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    j0z3r:
    And oh so much more than just looks. I smoked a natural and it was very good, it almost put me down for the count, but it was gooood. Fixing to smoke the maduro now...will report back.
  • Options
    And if anyone hasn't seen the Diadema Duo...

• Options
    j0z3r:
    SleevePlz:
    j0z3r:
    And oh so much more than just looks. I smoked a natural and it was very good, it almost put me down for the count, but it was gooood. Fixing to smoke the maduro now...will report back.
    Alright, I'm sold. Now to check and see if ccom can hook this up for me. I always hate going through a competitor.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have yet to run into an lfd that wasnt worth the price. ive paid $25 for some of the older LEs.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LFD Cameroon Chisel. OMG so good. The Diamada Duo sells for $40 locally. The double claro was impressive for a claro but had burn issues.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i have yet to run into an lfd that wasnt worth the price. ive paid $25 for some of the older LEs.
    Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to feel the same way. Any that stood way out for you?
  • Options
    Vision:
    LFD Cameroon Chisel. OMG so good. The Diamada Duo sells for $40 locally. The double claro was impressive for a claro but had burn issues.
    Without looking real hard yet, I've found them for $26. I haven't checked with Andy yet though.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    I second that statement. Never been diappointed with an LFD or a Camacho for that matter.