Home General Discussion
Options

The horror, the horror... Junior!!!!

So I pm'd Junior aka pbchevo a week or so ago and he mentioned he might add a few sticks to the mix. He did not, however, mention that he was gonna knock me out! He sent me some great sticks, a lot of which I haven't tried. I'm looking forward to smoking them all, and Junior, there WILL be payback!

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    there are at least 6 smokes in there that i would actively enjoy. the rest i would enjoy in passing.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    kuzi16:
    there are at least 6 smokes in there that i would actively enjoy. the rest i would enjoy in passing.
    well d@mn I've never seen someone post something like this. But I guess Jarett ill send you 4 more hopefully kuzi will approve.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Junior, a very nice gesture and very thoughtful!! No matter what anyone else might say!!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    pbchevo:
    kuzi16:
    well d@mn I've never seen someone post something like this. But I guess Jarett ill send you 4 more hopefully kuzi will approve.
    WOW, totally unnessecessary comments there Kuzi. That's a couple of times lately. Need to talk ?

A VERY generous bomb JR. I don't see any in there that I would pass on, (but I am a ****).

Nice hit JR. not everyone here needs aged, rare sticks to feel important when they smoke. Some of us can enjoy this hobby on many levels. The sticks in your bomb were a very nice mix I would not let negative comments affect the way you feel about sending it. It was very generous and was between you and another BOTL.

We posts these things to say thank you and to build up each others "street cred" for future passes or trades. Comments like the one here don't help, and may cause other less knowledgeable B/SOLT to start to unreasonably question the motives or generousity of other B/SOTL here. Or it could lead to newer members who have not had time or the experience to stay away from the reindeer games until they feel worthy. That would be a very bad thing for the forum as a whole.

I hope this just quietly goes away, but JR. please know that you are NOT the person who should be questioning themselves this morning. Generosity like that should never be stomped on like that. Not very classy :(
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    pbchevo:
    kuzi16:
    WOW, totally unnessecessary comments there Kuzi. That's a couple of times lately. Need to talk ?

A VERY generous bomb JR. I don't see any in there that I would pass on, (but I am a ****).

Nice hit JR. not everyone here needs aged, rare sticks to feel important when they smoke. Some of us can enjoy this hobby on many levels. The sticks in your bomb were a very nice mix I would not let negative comments affect the way you feel about sending it. It was very generous and was between you and another BOTL.

We posts these things to say thank you and to build up each others "street cred" for future passes or trades. Comments like the one here don't help, and may cause other less knowledgeable B/SOLT to start to unreasonably question the motives or generousity of other B/SOTL here. Or it could lead to newer members who have not had time or the experience to stay away from the reindeer games until they feel worthy. That would be a very bad thing for the forum as a whole.

I hope this just quietly goes away, but JR. please know that you are NOT the person who should be questioning themselves this morning. Generosity like that should never be stomped on like that. Not very classy :(
    Well said my friend. I'm new to cigars but not life....
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Ha I would like to think in passing not by passing. Actively enjoying for many probably requires some complexity and personal flavor preference for most. I still can enjoy a cigar that is less complex but the flavors are good without having to concentrate, in passing. Just my two cents, I doubt any comment was deliberately meant to be hurtful.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Hope to hear your thoughts on the fighting *** I just love the band.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Rhamlin:

I'm gonna let it rest a week or two and light it up. I've heard good things about it
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    nice hit! I've had a few of those cigars. Really like the Casa Magna line. Hope u enjoy them!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Krieg:
    nice hit! I've had a few of those cigars. Really like the Casa Magna line. Hope u enjoy them!
    Thanks Krieg! Yea I love the CM's, the colorado is great.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    Krieg:
    Thanks Krieg! Yea I love the CM's, the colorado is great.
    Yup, I love the COs too, just picked me up some from Kelly ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    Ha I would like to think in passing not by passing. Actively enjoying for many probably requires some complexity and personal flavor preference for most. I still can enjoy a cigar that is less complex but the flavors are good without having to concentrate, in passing. Just my two cents, I doubt any comment was deliberately meant to be hurtful.
    I'm sure this was the case. Even IF he meant he'd pass the rest on, I'm sure he meant they aren't his taste but he can instantly think of a guy who'd like them, which means they're still great sticks. When we can't give a member like Kuzi the benefit of the doubt on a comment like this, we're in trouble, guys. Just my 2c.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Kuzi is a big boy, he can read and therefore speak for himself. If there is clarification to come it should come from him.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    Rhamlin:

I'm gonna let it rest a week or two and light it up. I've heard good things about it
    First of all, Very nice hit! Secondly, I just recently had "the cack" (aka fighting ***) and was truly impressed! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!