Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Noob Bomb Pass - Choose your own Adventure *Launched*

marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
So, I have been blessed to have been bombed by a few very generous and great BOTL from this forum. I have been thinking about a way to pay that generocity forward while having a little fun at the same time.

What I would like to do is start a pass that will end with a complete noob to the hobby gaining the proceeds. In other words, THIS WILL NOT COME BACK TO ME. Basically, when I started off I had very little knowledge of what was good or what was worthy of trying. I had made the same mistake many others have made starting out by buying cigars because they were just plain cheap. The purpose of this pass would set up a new member with a decent collection of decent sticks to start them out with while they develop their own flavor profile.

If there is enough interest in this, I would like to get this out in two weeks when I get back to the states. MVW67 has agreed to take the final shipment and distribute it to an unsuspecting noob.

Now the rules. There are only two.

1. No high end stuff, this will be going to someone completely new and may not know the difference between a dog rocket and an Opus.

2. The choose your own adventure part. the second rule will be to create a rule that is only valid for the next person in the pass. This rule is up to your imagination, but limitied in nature as not to cost someone to have to meet the needs of your rule. Be creative, and keep in mind the end result, everything will be distributed to a noob.

If there is no interest I will abandon the idea, but I thought it would be a cool way to have a pass and help a new member in the right direction. I will start the pass with 15 sticks, and keep in mind these are medium priced and more everyday type sticks, the type that you may go to on a regular basis. Who's in?

Here is the list so far:
Whodeygal & TJ
Laker1963
Kingjk729
Medic45
Bigshizza
mmccartneydc
Lift603
Buckeyecigar
bobbo2009
Rain

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Sounds like fun. I'm in.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    great pass idea James! very selfless and kind hearted of you. I don't think I'll join this. I'm already a part of three passes and feel like it's a bit too much for me... if anything, when Mike gets this at the end, I'll just directly send Mike some sticks to contribute to the lucky noob. Sorry, hope you're not offended by this...
  • Options
    Not at all Jiunn. I know there are quite a few things going on right now. I just need to get it out as I am only home for a limited time. Besides, your pass is the epitomy of selfless and kind hearted brother.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    marineatbn03:
    Not at all Jiunn. I know there are quite a few things going on right now. I just need to get it out as I am only home for a limited time. Besides, your pass is the epitomy of selfless and kind hearted brother.
    right on man. just doing a little somethin somethin to contribute a little to the awesome folks on here. can't wait to see your pass get off the ground!
  • Options
    Laker, looks like this idea may be bust, you are the only one so far, lol.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'm in and before you bail on the idea give it til Tuesday or Wednesday since there are the not so hardcore members that don't spend alot of time here on the forums over the weekend.
  • Options
    I am going to give it until the time I was going to send it out, which would be around the 8th or 9th of August. Thanks King.
  • Options
    Medic45 is in
  • Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    We are in big brother!
  • Options
    Awesome, but you were in whether you knew it or not by default
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in too James if you'll have me!!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    I'm in too James if you'll have me!!
    Welcome aboard Bigshizza
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Awesome, but you were in whether you knew it or not by default
    Lol, rightfully so ;)
  • Options
    Yes indeed
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Cmon NOOBs!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Cmon NOOBs!!!!
    +1
  • Options
    WhoDeyGal:
    MVW67:
    Cmon NOOBs!!!!
    +1
    I know, gettin no love here
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Ok, count me in!!!! Congrats and here's to many more Marine!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    You can count me in. I've never bombed someone before. This sounds fun. Lol. Actually, the last bomb pass actually ended with me and I was able to bomb a newb with it. That newb was OldBlueEyes2012 and he greatly appreciated it. So giving another person that is new to cigars a nice big bomb to get started in this hobby would be awesome.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Have you both in, thanks for joining guys. Hoping this will be a fun one.
  • Options
    IONTCIONTC Posts: 172
    SleevePlz:
    You can count me in. I've never bombed someone before. This sounds fun. Lol. Actually, the last bomb pass actually ended with me and I was able to bomb a newb with it. That newb was OldBlueEyes2012 and he greatly appreciated it. So giving another person that is new to cigars a nice big bomb to get started in this hobby would be awesome.

I'll throw my sticks in when sleeveplz has the pass :)
  • Options
    Sounds good IONTC
  • Options
    Lift603Lift603 Posts: 253
    Very good idea. I have a couple sticks I could send in
  • Options
    I will add you to the pass, I assume thats what you meant.
  • Options
    buckeyecigarbuckeyecigar Posts: 500
    Hey man. I'll be in and help the pass
  • Options
    Got ya buckeye, thanks for joining.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Man I wish I could get in on this. Have to tighten the belt for a month or so. I'll definitely be in on the next one.
  • Options
    No worries Streater, I will throw in a couple extra sticks in your honor
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    If you are still looking for more people throw my name into the mix. This sounds like fun!!

Rob
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streater:
    Man I wish I could get in on this. Have to tighten the belt for a month or so. I'll definitely be in on the next one.

Im with you on this one bro. I want to help out but just a tough time for me. Maybe on the flip side.