Home Ratings & Reviews

Perdomo 2 Epicure Maduro 2008

I got this cigar and 9 other different Perdomo maduros in an attempt to try the whole premium line to find a favorite..Online research of reviews of this cigar showed that this one was a winner..Coffee and Cocoa and sweet spice...my favorite profile..

This cigar sported a beautiful dark brown somewhat dry wrapper..prelight smell was of a barnyard.. Prelight draw was VERY, VERY loose..which concerned me right off the bat.

After lighting, the first few draws produced huge clouds of smoke..BUT..the hot smoke immediately dried out my mouth and the dominating flavor was salt..WOW was this a dry salty smoke..I immediately felt the need for water.

Nothing changed from beginning to the final third and at the 1/2 way point I thought about ending it but I was hoping to find some redeeming qualities about this stick.A couple of times I did notice some slight coffee/cocoa notes but they were immediately swallowed up by the overwhelming dry saltiness.

The final third stayed constant most of the way but near the end I felt a tingling numbness on my gums..not sure if was a spice or the hot smoke. Not wanting to give up and after almost a gallon of water..I nubbed it and put it to rest..disappointed..my mouth cotton dry and my tongue tingling from potent saltiness.

I purchased these from CCOM so retailer care is not an issue..I only let it rest in my WineRefridge-A-Dor for 2 weeks so perhaps it was young and needed rest. I think it was just a dud..as the other Perdomo I had..a Reserve Ltd Oscuro E was excellent.

I will not give up on this cigar and will certainly give it another try.

Anyone else had this experience?