Home General Discussion
Options

IPCR

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Anyone know of any good cigars coming out that you want to try? I haven't heard much for this year yet. One thing I did hear is Oliva V coming out with a new wrapper, sumatra I believe. I hope it doesn't ruin a perfectly good cigar.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    The undercrown pig from the Netherlands.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I know its in Orlando the same weekend I will be......and I am looking for any way possible to get in, or at least get some samples------seems like the gods have willed me to go considering the coincidence of weekends..........yet, I seem to be locked out more than Hugh Hefner at a convent.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    I know its in Orlando the same weekend I will be......and I am looking for any way possible to get in, or at least get some samples------seems like the gods have willed me to go considering the coincidence of weekends..........yet, I seem to be locked out more than Hugh Hefner at a convent.
    If you have a regular B&M, why don't you reach out to them? They get an allotment of tickets, and if they're not going, perhaps they'll let you take em?
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Well Chris, since you asked,,,look for Headley Grange by Crowned Heads
  • Options
    Tried Hays......says clearly on the ICP website there are no "general public" allowed. I was cited this my the two B&Ms I frequent.....b@stards.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Tried Hays......says clearly on the ICP website there are no "general public" allowed. I was cited this my the two B&Ms I frequent.....b@stards.
    Then your B&M is a jackass... I have received offers of tickets from two different B&Ms in years past because they weren't going (or had an extra ticket), and I was someone they valued the opinion of. In my opinion - and I mean this humbly - that's a perfectly valid reason! A B&M could do worse than bring along one of their trusted consumers to get a secondary opinion..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    TOTALLY agreed Hays. I put that in the email I sent as well.....sucks for me I guess. Ill just wait outside the convention I guess with a dirty shirt and a guitar case with a sign saying "any cigars will help"
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    The Kid:
    That's the one I'm looking forward to!
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Also, from what I was told by a friend who owns a B&M.

THey only give two tickets per company now, even if you have 10 stores. Before they use to give 2 tickets per location. If you want to get more, you will have to pay around $140-$200 per ticket. I forget what the cost was. So, if you know your B&M quite well, ask them if they can purchase one ticket for you, if you are willing to pay to go.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the horse's mouth: Click Here

The red print spells out the bad news.....

• Options
    I saw that.....but tried my best to work around it------a hell of a list of vendors though....d@mn.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    The Kid:
    That's the one I'm looking forward to!
    That and AJ's new blend. My B&M is fully stocked on the kicks so he should get some ASAP