Home General Discussion

How many beads to use (2x or 3x) and where (top only, or bottom too)?

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
The humidifer I'm gonna buy is about 800 cubic inches; it's the Dynasty (asian influence - any got any experience with it?). It's got 2 layers, and is about 800 cubic inches.--------I've heard how you need to use 2x the amount of beads, which means I should use about 1600 cubic inches worth of beads-----------So question time - 1) what if I use 4x the amount of beads I need (enough for 3240cubic inches)? Can or should I do this?----2) If the humidifier is 2-layered, can I get away with just sticking both humidifiers on the top of the humidor, or should I put something on the bottom? ---3) If I should put something on the bottom, should I still use enough beads for 1600 on top and then more on the bottom, or should I spread 1600 worth of beads throughout the humidor====Thanks for any help

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Some like to have beads on every layer. Some place them in the bottom. I have my beads under the lid. Seems to work rather well, doesn't take any room up from the cigars. I'd say go with about 2 times the amount. or 1.5.
  • iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    I have a 300 ct humidor, and i have three 4 oz bead tubes... i put two on each side of the bottom and 1 on the bottom rack... it works very well seeing a consistent 69%. I don't think it's really gonna matter with rh but that is what i do.
  • iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    That is about 2x the volume btw