Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

"Ah Crap" Knife Giveaway *We Have A Winner*

MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
Well looks like Murphy's Law is alive and well. The kids have to head back to TX early cause James workplace is having some kind of crisis and they need their best employee. Looks like I wont be going back with them either, family business is going to keep me here for a little while longer.

So while I was pissed and a little hurt about not going back home Angie reminded me that when things look bad we do something that makes us feel better and puts a smile on our face...we give stuff away. So since we have another fishing knife set back home she wants to give it away like the last one

So here are the rules for your chance to win this knife set:

You will be guessing for the day and time they arrive back home. You need to be on the good traders list and you get one and only one guess. They depart Citrus Heights CA on 7/26/2012 at 6pm CST. They will make one motel stop either in AZ or NM. I am sure with a 3 year old they will make periodic stops to stretch their legs and to eat. They also will not exceed the legal speed limit. They will be on Interstate 80, 5 and 10 with their final destination being Katy TX. Their start time and arrival time are in CST. Please make sure you use am or pm when posting the time. The one that nails it or comes the closest without going over wins a 5pc Fishing Cutlery Set plus a 5er of cigars. Angie will ship the knife set and the sticks will come from me. I will close this at midnight on 7/26/2012

Good luck to everyone

Comments

• Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    2045(8:45pm) CST on 28 July 2012
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7:10PM CST July 28th 2012
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I'd like to enter your contest, Mr. T, I really don't need any more knives and, moreover, I'm really lousy at guessing games so I'll pass on this one. You're a very generous guy, Mike, and I'll be watching to see who the lucky winner is. Good show, Dude......

Edit: P.S., sorry about your not making your trip. I know you were looking forward to it.....

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    July 28th 2215 (10:15 p.m.) thanks Mike
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    7:30 PM CST July 28th, 2012.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7/28/2012 9:30 pm
    Safe journey to them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    28th at 8:55pm. Sorry to hear about the delay in your trip Mike. Fairwinds and following seas for your childrens safe journey.
  • Options
    jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    28th 9:15pm
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    traveling with a 3 year old? I'm getting it over with. Oh, and did you say that there was a speed limit in Texas? I've never noticed. 1:00 AM 7/28.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 Noon on 07/28/12

Thanks for another one and sorry all your plans got jacked.
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    07/28/2012 at 6:45 pm
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll say congrats to the winner and safe driving, seeing that won the last one good luck to all!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7-28-12 @ 11:30 pm cst
  • Options
    Still time to get a guess in

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno what list I may be on other than the no-fly list (I still maintain that was baby powder), but I say the 28th at 10pm CST. Hope they all arrive safe and sound. Especially the precious little Miss Katy, 2037.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Always have a awesome contest going. Safe travels for them. And I'm praying I win this time. 28-07-2012 at 2100hrs...

• Options
    Angie texted me with an arrival time of 3:02pm CST on 07/28/2012 so looks like our winner is jsnake with a guess of 12 Noon on 07/28/12. Jake is the closest without going over. So brother congratulations on winning a cool fishing set and a 5er.

Thanks to all of you that took part in this. Angie told me for you all to get ready for more knife giveaways through the rest of the year

• Options
    Thanks Mike, as always. A awesome give away....
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Thanks Mike, as always. A awesome give away....
    +1 Indeed, it never ceases to amaze me of the generocity of this forum. Congrats Jake, and I hope you get to see your kids again soon Mike.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    12 Noon on 07/28/12

Thanks for another one and sorry all your plans got jacked.
    Congrats Jake!! Great giveaway Mike!!
  • Options
    MTuccelli:
    Angie texted me with an arrival time of 3:02pm CST on 07/28/2012 so looks like our winner is jsnake with a guess of 12 Noon on 07/28/12. Jake is the closest without going over. So brother congratulations on winning a cool fishing set and a 5er.

Thanks to all of you that took part in this. Angie told me for you all to get ready for more knife giveaways through the rest of the year

Awesome WOOT WOOT. Thank you very much. I hope to put the fishing knife set to use very soon. Thanks again for the contest from both of you!
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats bro!
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Awesome contest, congrats Jake!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Woot, woot!
  • Options
    Two packages for me today. Got my winnings and have to say thank you very much. Can't wait to slice and dice some fish as I smoke on of these sticks. image
  • Options
    Now I'm jealous :)....
  • Options
    I am glad your winnings made it safely. I hope you like the Fonseca, that particular one has about a year on it.

• Options
    RCY Cigars:
    Now I'm jealous :)....
    Better luck next time brother :o)