Home Cigar 101
Options

What's a Habano wrapper?

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
When looking through cigar websites, I'm used to seeing 2 types - Natural, and Maduro. But when looking at Cigar.com, they have Habano and Maduro. So what is Habano wrapper?---thanks for any help

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    i think Habano is cuban seed.
  • Options
    So here: ----http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=89 ---- (<----Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur)---- Are the cigars at the top Natural wrappers or something else? I want to order some, but I keep hesitating because I'm not sure if I'll get what I think I'm getting
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Yes, the Habano is the natural wrapper.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    didnt we have an entire thread about this a few months ago.... ?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    maybe someone just wants another habano sampler...I thinks that's what happened after the other one. C.com hit us with another great deal.
  • Options
    So what's the difference between a Habano wrapper and Conneticut Shade? If a cigar has a 'natural' wrapper, which one does that imply?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Natural can be anything that is not maduro or candela. I have even seen Cameroon cigars listed as natural. Connecticut shade is from the US whether it is grown here or not. It is from the connecticut seed. Habano is, well something different.
  • Options
    ok, so oddly enough, I found the answer in the Cigar.com catalog that came with my order - - - - - "Natural" can be any of the following 3 - - - - Conneticut Shade (a very nice, mild wrapper) - - - Cameroon (a nice, sweet tasting wrapper) - - - or Habano (a 'spicy' tasting wrapper) - - - - - - - -- - Apparantly, 'Natural' can be any of those 3; contrast that with a "Maduro" which is, well, Maduro