Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Punch Bareknuckle

I finally got to try the Punch Bareknuckle. I smoked 2 yesterday. One mid-morning and the other after dinner. They had no time to rest as I smoked it ROTT. I smoked them to the nub and enjoyed every bit of it.

I found this to be a very well built cigar. The wrapper was luxuriously smooth. It felt like silk panties. It had a very easy draw and an even burn throughout. It produced a cool smoke with strong hints of citrus; almost like the way a lemon peel smells. It developed a few other flavors that my untrained palate did not recognize, but if I had to guess, I think I tasted caramel. There was also a toasty flavor in the finish. When I retrohaled, the smoke did not burn my nose. It left a pleasant tingle and a short lingering aroma of cedar and lemon.

This was a very smooth cigar. There is nothing harsh about this med-full bodied smoke. It was an interesting cigar. It definitely has a flavor of it's own.

All in all, I thought it was a really good smoke. I'll be buying a box as soon as possible. I can't wait to see what it's like with a little age.

Comments

• Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Lol, silk panties! Which vitola did you try? I see that these are on the DD...
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Interesting review. I wouldn't have expected such an elegant smoke with a name like Bareknuckle...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I smoked the mini bellicoso. Please take into account that I've only been smoking cigars for a year or so. I am just starting to explore the intricate nuances of the hobby and my palate is untrained. I really found this to be a good smoke, though. I agree with Ken about the name. But they might be referring to a different bare knuckle. LOL.
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    Thank You for that review, I was on the phone with Tina at C.Com asking if she had tried the new PUNCH, of course she said it was very good, but to hear from another customer has helped me make up my mind I was going to try the PUNCH sample, but I'm going to go ahead and buy a box. Thank You very much.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Streater:
    I smoked the mini bellicoso. Please take into account that I've only been smoking cigars for a year or so. I am just starting to explore the intricate nuances of the hobby and my palate is untrained. I really found this to be a good smoke, though. I agree with Ken about the name. But they might be referring to a different bare knuckle. LOL.
    Well it IS a fact that in the bareknuckle era of boxing, they didn't hit anywhere near as hard as they started to once they started wearing padded gloves. The gloves simply made it hurt less to punch hard, so guys started throwing them with more force. So it probably took more finesse to win a fight in the bareknucke era...but really, we all think of something raw and fierce when we hear that name, and it should probably live up to that more colloquial thought.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    I bought a 10-pack off Daily Deal a couple weeks ago. Smoked one right away and let the rest sit. I nubbed two of them last night - they are that good. I think this is a fantastic cigar for the money.