Home General Discussion

tongue

Hey guys, my buddy and I are going to Gettysburg tomorrow, to walk and smoke cigars. I have a question though. My tongue, after a cigar or two, feels like after when you burn it. I want to smoke three of four cigars tomorrow, but am worried that after two I wont be able to taste them. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    newtocigars:
    Hey guys, my buddy and I are going to Gettysburg tomorrow, to walk and smoke cigars. I have a question though. My tongue, after a cigar or two, feels like after when you burn it. I want to smoke three of four cigars tomorrow, but am worried that after two I wont be able to taste them. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?
    Hey newto' . I have never heard of that one before. Pain is a sign of damage to the body, Don't push it, or ignore it. Sorry to hear that.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Could be you are puffing on them too often causing the cigar to burn hotter and actually burning your tongue slightly with the hot smoke. I would try smoking it a little slower and see if that makes a difference. They say about a puff a minute but I personally smoke mine slightly faster then that and haven't had a problem.
  • newtocigarsnewtocigars Posts: 37
    No its not painful, its like I cant taste anything after one cigar. Like it kills the taste buds almost.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    when you puff the cigar, hold the cigar so the smoke is directed to the top of your mouth. and try to puff softer. also, sip water while smoking, unless you dont already drink somthing with a cigar.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I find drinking something stops this. I know what you're talking about, though. Definitely try to get something to accompany it with; I usually try to drink a cold coffee, that clears up that sensation pretty good.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Yeah, this is tonguebite, i get it all the time when i smoke too fast and too hot. Just control yourself, take it nice and easy..and if you start getting to the end and it starts getting bitter & hot, toss it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    also plan your smokingout in advance. go from mild in the beginning of the day to full by the end of the day.

you cant taste anything because you are burning out your palate. slow down there. 3-4 cigars a day makes every one less enjoyable. you cant taste as well on the 3rd or 4th one as you could with the first.

moderation is the key
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    and take a 1/2 hour break between each, eat somthing hard that takes a lot of chewing. maybe try a popsicle, the licking will help clear the crud off your toungue and the cold will help as well.