Home Non Cigar Related

We need more gun control!

2»

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I really think that tougher laws won't really fix anything. We as a culture are violent. I mean we celebrate it. Guns are only a weapon, people are the one's who make them killers. If say ar-15's were illegal one could easily get one on the "black" market. Maybe it would be a bit harder than say the average joe walking into a gun show but one could still get them. Just like anything that is "ILLEGAL".

And what about all the guns that are still around? I mean just because a law is made saying you can't buy a AK, well there are so many already around you may be able to find one or hell maybe a person who owned one will go nuts. Thing is there will always be some whacko killing others. Making a bomb is easy so are we going to ban all the parts needed? Making gas is easy too.

I own a few weapons that I shoot regularly and enjoy it. I also have 30 round mags as I like having 10 more rounds to shoot off and it's a bit less reloading. Do I need them? No, handguns will work just fine but I like knowing that if the sh-i-t does hit the fan I don't want to be unarmed when perps go trashing my neighbor hood.

A heavy hitter finally arrived and as usual I agree with you 100%.
    I get a chuckle when I here someone say,"guns don't kill, people do".
    I want to tell you folks one thing here and now, it's mighty hard to punch a bullet sized hole through someones head without a gun!
    I have tried it and it ain't easy.
    Now let the chaos begin!
    I welcome the battle with a thirst for blood!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I really think that tougher laws won't really fix anything. We as a culture are violent. I mean we celebrate it. Guns are only a weapon, people are the one's who make them killers. If say ar-15's were illegal one could easily get one on the "black" market. Maybe it would be a bit harder than say the average joe walking into a gun show but one could still get them. Just like anything that is "ILLEGAL".

And what about all the guns that are still around? I mean just because a law is made saying you can't buy a AK, well there are so many already around you may be able to find one or hell maybe a person who owned one will go nuts. Thing is there will always be some whacko killing others. Making a bomb is easy so are we going to ban all the parts needed? Making gas is easy too.

I own a few weapons that I shoot regularly and enjoy it. I also have 30 round mags as I like having 10 more rounds to shoot off and it's a bit less reloading. Do I need them? No, handguns will work just fine but I like knowing that if the sh-i-t does hit the fan I don't want to be unarmed when perps go trashing my neighbor hood.

I want to tell you folks one thing here and now, it's mighty hard to punch a bullet sized hole through someones head without a gun!
    lol, yeah I'd be impressed if you could do that. But really though, it takes a person to load a gun and fire it.

And I know it's a NRA tag line but as much as I disagree with how the NRA has become, I do agree with that bumper sticker slogan.
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    RBeckom:
    phobicsquirrel:

You don't need a bullet sized hole in someone's head to kill them. A gun is only a tool.
    phobicsquirrel:
    RBeckom:
    phobicsquirrel:

lol, yeah I'd be impressed if you could do that. But really though, it takes a person to load a gun and fire it.

And I know it's a NRA tag line but as much as I disagree with how the NRA has become, I do agree with that bumper sticker slogan.

My sentiments exactly.
    Knoxca1:
    RBeckom:
    phobicsquirrel:

You don't need a bullet sized hole in someone's head to kill them. A gun is only a tool.

Yet another agrees.
    Come on gentle people of the forums, there's got to be more of us out there.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who said that disarming the lawful only ensured that they would not have the means to defend themselves from the lawless.

Crooks don't get their guns at the store.... they take them from other people. Or Eric Holder gives them to them.
    zoom6zoom:
    I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who said that disarming the lawful only ensured that they would not have the means to defend themselves from the lawless.

Crooks don't get their guns at the store.... they take them from other people. Or Eric Holder gives them to them.

Amen brother!
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    @. To make every state issue the same rules for getting a gun permit and have all guns registered to that person could help. I could see a influx of soviet weapons coming from overseas but who knows just my 2 cents. and yes most people don't use guns registered to themselves in crimes but theses wackos that shoot up buildings do but most go in planning to die but chicken out in the end like that guy in colorado so making it harder to acquire a gun could help I know I had to jump threw hoops to get a handgun in ny others states its a lot easier to get them. I do know a guy who has a trunk full of guns from others states so getting a handgun illegally is a lot easier in ny than most people think.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:

Really Eric Holder? I have not love for the guy but really? I do agree with the first part of your post though. However some people who do buy guns legally do for whatever reason go nuts or temporarily insane. I think it comes down to what line should be drawn? Sure rifles and shotguns are fine but what about rocket launchers? They too are weapons. I mean what is really the defining "thing"? No one really needs assault riffles for defense, but we can buy them.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Two things...

My fork made me fat

2. I welcome more gun control. I'm currently working on not flinching on the bigger rounds, if I can get that under control I'll be more inside the 10 ring.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My crazy uncle Carl made up a bumper snicker that read: "Register Rocks". He calculated that in the millions of years since we dropped from the trees, more humanoids musta been killed with a rock, a stone knife, a rock on a stick, etc than from any other weapon. Hence, Register Rocks.

Me, I think register spoons would be more effective. After all, registering automobiles has certainly kept the carnage under control.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appears they need more gun control over there in Syria right now. Ought to buckle down, knuckle under, and stop the madness. If they don't like the gummint they got, just blame it on George Bush and get over their Tea Party selves.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)