Home General Discussion

Poll/ experiment

2»

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Mouth and nose but don't inhale. I preffer 2 long and slow pulls. Favorites are padron,la aurora and oliva
    Forgot to add I enjoy all strength of cigars but mostly go for med-full. I'm one for a good corojo wrapper mostly but just enjoy them all! They are all works of art and should be epriciated equally but that being said the whole process of aging and forementing goes thru my head as I'm enjoying the stick
    Money can't buy taste
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I smoke with my mouth of course but also love using my nose. I enjoy pepper through the nose and if it makes my eyes water I know im in for a treat. I do not inhale cigars I tried it once woke up in the middle of the night and thought I was gonna die. I smoke each cigar a little different I have no real system but most of it focuses on the retrohale. I have 3 different ways I do this and I very rarely blow smoke out of just my mouth. There is the straight retrohale were I blow the smoke out of my nose almost immedately which I find gives me different flavor than any other way possible. Second I pull in smoke keep it around my mouth and as I pull it in I get to the point were smoke almost goes in my lungs and then I blow it out my nose this I complicated but I can do probally since I used to smoke cigars. The last way I retrohale I usally use on the first puff and when a cigars loses some of its pepper because this can really tingle. I make a swallow motion kinda like I'm trying to make my ears pop and the smoke just pours out of my nose this is not for the weak especially with a full bodied blend from AJ. My two favorite cigars/makers would have to be AJ/DPG I also like JDN cigars and the Punisher. I enjoy full bodied cigars the fuller the better. Haven't found a cigar to make me sick but I'm still looking. I do enjoy the almost sick feeling I have gotten from a few smokes Im chasing that high lol. I know i am strange. some of my favorites are Ruination, Core, MOWPA, JDN DC, Punisher, Tat Black, TAt little mum, and wolfie, all My Father and Jaimie Garcia is a great stick.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't we be voting on a binder instead? :D

Anyway,
    Style: Mouth and a little nose, though I don't get much from it. Keep thinking one day it'll just happen. I use Kuzi's -1, 1, 1 type method alternated with a longer draw about once a minute. I never inhale. I' never smoked cigarettes so I'm pretty sensitive to nicotine, I even feel like the retrohale increases the impact of it.

Likes: Lots of stuff, lots of AJ. My go-to's are MoW PA, Diesel UHC, Tat Red, and ccom sungrown. Really like LFD/LG that I've had and some LP.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:

Anyway,
    Style: Mouth and a little nose, though I don't get much from it. Keep thinking one day it'll just happen. I use Kuzi's -1, 1, 1 type method alternated with a longer draw about once a minute. I never inhale. I' never smoked cigarettes so I'm pretty sensitive to nicotine, I even feel like the retrohale increases the impact of it.

Likes: Lots of stuff, lots of AJ. My go-to's are MoW PA, Diesel UHC, Tat Red, and ccom sungrown. Really like LFD/LG that I've had and some LP.
    lol,,binder??? yes!!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    No inhale,,me no likey!!! Probably 3 out of 4 draws are fully retrohaled through nose, with last puff through the mouth to fully expel smoke. SLow smoker, more touchs ups due to this.. FAv makers ,,hmm only 3,, hmm
    DPG/Tatuaje
    Padron/AVO
    AB & AJF
    Medium complex flavor bombs
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:

Anyway,

Shoot. Forgot about this. Anyone have a link to the the last thread on the forum blend?
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Mouth and Nose - don't inhale. Puff "style" depends on vitola, type of stick, how the stick burns, etc. - too many factors.......... but I have at least 5 different puff patterns I use regularly.
    Favs - AJ, DPG, LFD
    Second favs - and La Aurora, E.P. Carrillo, AB
    5Vegas, Padilla and GH2002 are regular "daily's.
    Love Tat Miamis, but haven't smoked enough of them to consider them a true fav.

• jesenstenjesensten Posts: 36
    No inhale, but a retrohale about once every 3-4 draws. Typically early in a cigar I'll take 2 short and 1 long puff... the further I get into the cigar and the hotter it gets the more likely I am to take shorter and fewer puffs Faves - AJ, EP Carillo (that was a brilliant COTM when all 5 were from one maker), Padilla Miami, Padron Likes - A lot of smoke! The thicker and creamier the better. I think someone used the word "moist smoke" at one point. +1 to that. I find that the dry flavor wears on me over time. Still working on my pallete so I can't get into specific flavors
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Style: Mouth & Nose Never Inhale. I usually Purge once and draw two or three times depending on how well the cigar draws & it's smoke output. I'll blow most out slowly and last 10% or so (depending on Strength) will go thru the nose. Once all smoke is expelled I like to go thru the nose another time for the finish.

Favorite Makers: Arturo Fuente, Alec Bradley (Tempus Maduro), La Gloria Cubana (Reserva Figurado Maduro)

Preferences: I tend to like Med-Full to Full. I don't like cigars that have what I call "Bite". An unpleasant harshness on the back of my throat. I like my smoke to be smooth w/spice, Leather, cedar, cocoa/chocolate notes. I tend to get Earth with most of the cigars I smoke for some reason. But the real deal breaker for me is that "Bite". Oh yeah... It's gotta have a Kick Ass Aroma.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Ken Light:

Anyway,

Shoot. Forgot about this. Anyone have a link to the the last thread on the forum blend?

I new it, Alex is human, he forgot something, lol.....

Lets see if we can find that puppy....

• *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    Style: Mouth and nose, though about 95% mouth. I also don't inhale. I am usually a 2-3 puff guy dpeending on the burn. If its I'm puffinf close enough togther tha ti'm getting a good amount of smoke then i'll only take one. Otherwise the first puff or two is short to heat up the end so I can take a full deep puff. As to what I do with the smoke once its in my mouth, who knows. I don't pay that much attention.

Favorite Makers/ Brands: 1. DPG and all of his gloriousness. Tatuaje, the my Father lines and the core DPG lines are all among my favorites. 2. Camacho has been an amazing discovery for me since joining the forum. Thanks Sniper, Thanks Bandy Todd. 3. La Gloria Cubana. The original sumatra in the Glorias Extra size is the best cigar they put out IMO. But I also enjoy the Series R sumatra, and the Obelisco. 4. Fuente. I don't love it all, but they really put out some good blends. The original line Don Carlos is an amazing smoke in the belicoso. 5. AVO. just exploring this line and so far I'm loving it.

Preferences: I have a few and they vary from mood to mood. 1. For full bodied smokes, I really like heavy on the leather and with a shorter finish. Camacho SLR Maduro comes to mind here. 2. For medium smokes I tend to like either a crisp spicy habano, similar to the DPG blue or Tobaccos Baez Series H, or a creamy nutty and woody smoke with a long finish similar to a Camacho Diploma or a My Father Corona. I also like having a variety of sizes to choose from as well but my favorites are Corona Extra and robusto, but I am stocking several more Coronas and Lanceros this year than ever before. Toros and Churchills and anything 60 rg takes too long, and I don' thave that kind of time.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Necro.Style - Nose 100%. I retro every bit of smoke that I draw. If cigars could only be tasted in the mouth, I'd have quit a long time ago. I exhale air through the stick, then do short short long.Preferences - I don't love many sticks (MOW FTW), but I also don't hate many (Gurkha Triple Maddy). Most sticks fall in the "I'd smoke it again, but would not pay MSRP" category for me. Abundance of smoke is something that I like, if all sticks smoked like a Liga I'd be a happy man. I don't worry about if I ate, I've never felt "bad" from smoking on an empty stomach. I pick more by size then by brand, most of the time I want a corona.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro party!

Style: Mouth and nose. No inhale. Not on purpose anyway. Who does that?

One slow gentle puff and one longer slow draw. I don't like it to get too hot. I don't hold it long. Slowly exhale anywhere from 1/2 to 90% and then check if I like the retro or not. I'll only retro just enough smoke so it isn't irritating to my sinuses. Then after the smoke is gone I'll exhale air from my lungs into my mouth and out the nose and this allows my taste buds and nose work together to taste the finish. This is when the flavors come out for me. All my flavor enjoyment happens on the finish. Actually, I hardly taste anything while my mouth is full of smoke.

Preferences: I'm all over the place. Really. Too hard to make a list. Ain't gonna' do it.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Style: Mouth only, but recently began working on retrohale every fourth or fifth draw. Prefer cigars with lots of smoke production.

Favorite brands would be LFD, Drew Estate, and My Father.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Don Pepin Garcia
    Arturo Fuente
    Drew Estate/Alec Bradley are my favorites right now.

I'm a 3 puffer as well and some times retrohale 3-6 times a stick per hour. I also can't pick out weird or subtle notes so it's either a good, bad, or indifferent cigar/therapy session to me.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Mouth, nose occasionally, never inhale, don't purge
    I draw one long slow continuous draw around 7-10 seconds on average bringing the smoke into my mouth only, while breathing normally through my nose, then start releasing the smoke out of my mouth as soon as I pull the cigar away while i try my hand at smoke rings :), though i usually get a (tiny) bit of retro through the nose on almost all draws I only do a 1/2 to 3/4 retro (on purpose) about 4-5 times per cigar, I will not do more than 1 draw unless I'm having trouble with staying lit issues, if i do have trouble then its one short draw & exhale, followed by my normal long slow draw,
    After a good draw I like to wait up to 40-60 seconds before I draw again to make sure I don't "cook" the cigar as well as make my cigar time last , I like a good cigar to last upwards of 2 hours I know a lot of people cant get that much time away from life every day but usually I have the time to do it a few times per day on most days :)

Favorites - tend towards the med-full body/strength
    Diesel shorty, Torano Loyal, San Lotano Bull, My Father, Sosa (3rd harvest is great) to name a few
    I really like leathery, peppery, woodsy flavors, in a cigar and the rich oily/fatty flavor given on the lips from a well taken care of stick, also like the surprise mint flavor/tingle i get sometimes from a cigar and am happiest when the cigar is complex throughout the smoke and not the same from start to finish
    Not into tobacco only flavor - might as well just smoke a cigarettes, was a Lucky Strike - Camel non filter 2-3 pack a day smoker for quite a few years (18+) so that might have ruined the tobacco only deal for me