Home General Discussion
Options

Wedding Present

Looking to get my buddy a wedding present, he's a relatively new smoker just wondering what suggestions you guys have I know you will come up with something...

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    As a groomsmen gift, I got everybody a humidor with their initials and date on it with a few nice sticks. It went over very well. Edit: Just reread you thread and I obviously didn't read it well enough the first time. Actually, you can do the same thing.
  • Options
    d_nowelld_nowell Posts: 57
    Thats nota bad idea.... A humi with a gold plate on it with his and her names and the date of the wedding, just make sure the plate can be easily taken off, you know just in case...
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Since he's a relatively new smoker a mild/medium sampler would be nice along with the small humidor suggested above.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Either a humidor (maybe a humidor endtable or humidor coffee table?) (good idea about the removeable plate - 5 yrs from now, the table will still be there, but the nameplate won't be as welcome), and/or an engraved xikar cutter. Maybe a years subscription to the cigar of the month club? Good bottle of wine (or a 1-yr wine sampling subscription) wouldn't hurt either
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    A year subscription to ccom cigar of the month club and a humidor to keep them in; a fifty count would probably suffice, and if budget allows, you can add in a cutter and lighter as you see fit.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    betasynn:
    A year subscription to ccom cigar of the month club and a humidor to keep them in; a fifty count would probably suffice, and if budget allows, you can add in a cutter and lighter as you see fit.
    I really like this idea. I would go with maybe a 75-100 count though, just to be safe.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I agree, but I was just thinking like cost-wise. But yeah, a 100 would be perfect. I'm on my second 120 count.
  • Options
    Thanks guys the ccom of the month year subscription is a great idea, I didnt even think about that and I think I'll get him 100 ct. humi he'll need it after he's married for a while... Thanks again guys
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Getting something for the bride as well, or does she smoke cigars too? ( I just tend to think of gifts suitable for couples when thinking wedding present. )
  • Options
    actually she will smoke with us every once in a while, but she and my wife are real good friends so my wife is kinna picking something out for her while im buying the groom a gift
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Another idea might be you could get him a really nice lighter and have it engraved w/ something.

"Long ashes my friends."