Home General Discussion

Possible get together in the PA, NJ, NY area

Any guys or girls in this area interested in getting together for some smokes and who knows maybe some dinner and drinks?

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I live on Long Island, and could probably make it.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    if it was in PA or possibly NJ I would definitely come and enjoy some smokes, NY is too far a drive from VA though for a 1 day trip
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Maybe an AC trip or something. There is supposed to be a restaurant in Red Bank, NJ that allows smoking on one of their floors. I don't think you can smoke while eating there but they do have a dedicated place to smoke which is nice. Anybody have other places as suggestions?
    Do they have any nice smoking lounges in philly that anyone knows of?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    If there were enough people down around the TX area I would organize a Ccom forum smoke out at my local shop. It's such a nice place and has a GREAT selection. The only person I know of close is Matt Marvel.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Well I am in Reading PA so I am not too far away.
  • goodolboygoodolboy Posts: 4
    I know of a great lounge in downtown Annapolis if that's within range for people. I have some friends in the philly area that I'll be seeing this weekend, so I'll ask about restaurants/lounges around there too.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    wheelie, you need to make it out here!
  • smokestersmokester Posts: 131
    I am down in texas but the houston area but attend college at baylor what shop do you go to in Dallas i might stop in there if i am ever in the dallas area.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    If there were enough people down around the TX area I would organize a Ccom forum smoke out at my local shop. It's such a nice place and has a GREAT selection. The only person I know of close is Matt Marvel.
    I am moving to Ft Polk in July, it is 3 hours from Houston. I'm sure the wifey would be up for a weekend trip up to Dallas at some point. I'm pretty sure sdip is in Dallas too.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    smokester:
    I am down in texas but the houston area but attend college at baylor what shop do you go to in Dallas i might stop in there if i am ever in the dallas area.
    It's a shop in Addison called Cigar Shop and More. Great selection and the owner is an awesome guy. He is pretty well connected in the cigar industry and always has fun events and gets a pretty good selection of rare smokes. Maybe we do need set up a Ccom Southern Smoke out here in the DFW area. There is the lounge at that shop, and also a bar with a TON of pool tables that is cigar friendly right in Addison.

alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    I am moving to Ft Polk in July, it is 3 hours from Houston. I'm sure the wifey would be up for a weekend trip up to Dallas at some point. I'm pretty sure sdip is in Dallas too.
    That would be fun if we could all work something out and get together. I'm open to organizing something like this in a few months if enough people are interested. I don't want to hijack this thread from the guys in the North East so if anyone is interested in a get together int he DFW area drop me a PM and if I get a few people interested I'll start a thread and set something up.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    rwheelwright:
    Maybe an AC trip or something. There is supposed to be a restaurant in Red Bank, NJ that allows smoking on one of their floors. I don't think you can smoke while eating there but they do have a dedicated place to smoke which is nice. Anybody have other places as suggestions?
    I'm up for a meeting. The place in Red Bank is Ashes. HOwever, I think they are closing down. I've been there..real nice place..but expensive...
    phobicsquirrel:
    wheelie, you need to make it out here!
    No man, you need to make it out here! LOL
    tankbonnies:
    rwheelwright:
    I'm up for a meeting. The place in Red Bank is Ashes. HOwever, I think they are closing down. I've been there..real nice place..but expensive...
    We don't have to get together soon and rush it, maybe take some time and plan something nice and relaxed. I have some friends who have been to Ashes. I didn't hear that they were closing, I did hear that they were possibly selling the place and were going to change the name.
    goodolboy:
    I know of a great lounge in downtown Annapolis if that's within range for people. I have some friends in the philly area that I'll be seeing this weekend, so I'll ask about restaurants/lounges around there too.
    I am in fairfax, about an hour from Annapolis so I am really close
  • BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    Too bad none of you are in my area.  I could use a get together with some more experienced smokers.
    tshaw:
    goodolboy:
    I am in fairfax, about an hour from Annapolis so I am really close
    Fairfax, VA? My best friend lives in Centreville.
    centreville is about 15 minutes down the road from my house im really close to it im right next to fairfax city if you have been there when visiting your friend