Home General Discussion

c.com sungrown label blend change?

So I picked up a 10 pack of cigar.com sungrown labels about 2 years ago when I think they first came out. I remember smoking one and it seemed to have pretty good spice, fairly light draw, but overall pretty good. I wasn't much into spicy cigars at the time, so figured I'd let them rest a while and see what happens. Well over the last year or so I've smoked a few more, and thought they were delicious. Still some spicy and pepper kicks to them, and they burned great (but a little fast).

Well I got another in a c.com sampler pack, and it looks different. The wrapper looks a slightly different shade (which could just be variances, fine), the foot looks like different leaves, and the draw is much tighter. I just lit this thing up, and am finding a completely different flavor. This new one seems to just be more bland, not as spicy/peppery, etc. The draw difference is good, I like a little tug on the draw. The burn is also much much slower on the new one. Overall, this just tastes like a different cigar. Maybe I just got a dud, which is fine too. The old and new sungrowns I have are both robusto size.

My question is, has anyone else noticed a difference between the early sungrowns and the new ones? I'm hoping this one is just a dud as I just ordered a box of these things now that I like a spicy cigar here and there.

Sorry, I'm not trying to complain at all, just curious if there was a blend change over the years, and this is just how they taste now, or if I happen to get a dud.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had the CCOM Sungrowns since they came out, funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. I have seen the same thing with the RP Sungrowns, however. The first of those I smoked were very good, in my opinion, and I had picked them up at a B&M in Nashville. A few months later, stopped at a shop in Nag's Head N.C., saw the box and bought some, much darker wrappers. It may be a variation in the growing season of the wrapper. Taste didn't change much.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my three favorite cigar dot com house blends. Dunno how it was before, but it really works for me now.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• tobaccomantobaccoman Posts: 13
    I bought a box of Churchill Sungrowns about 4 months ago hoping for something good.. Mine was very metalic (young) tasting... Not a properly aged wrapper more than likely.. Since that time there has been a slight improvement but not enough to call them good.