Home General Discussion
Options

wraper on or off?

When you stick your puros in a humidor do you keep the wraper on or off? Ive tried tihs before and the wrapper sorta wrinkled.Is this good or not good for the cigars ?

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    First what do you mean by puros?
    Second, honestly its preference there are arguments for both side but all my cigars that come with cello get the cello left on to prevent damage.
    Finally just FYI the cello is actually a wood product not a plastic product as another forum member has pointed out adn yet another informed us they taste like chicken, take that how you wish.
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    I take the cello off when I put them in my humi. cause I like to look at my cigars naked....(them that is...not me)
  • Options
    Markbb:
    I take the cello off when I put them in my humi. cause I like to look at my cigars naked....(them that is...not me)
    Don't lie you like being naked with them don't you? LMAO
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Markbb thanks for clearing that one up,you have to be careful about your sentance structure or you will have people talking about you.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i leave the cello on all cigars in the humi. For protection only.
  • Options
    I once saw an advertisement for a product I can't recall. It was " wrap that rascal for your protection", It must have been for cigars. Correct me if i'm wrong.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This thread has 6 replies and already we have a nudist cigar smoker and a condom joke.... Talk about threads taking odd turns.

A couple months ago I decided to start resting my cigars without the cellophane. I know it is a porous material, but I like the look of just the bare cigars and I love the aroma when I open the humidor. Definitely one of those preference things, and I can see it both ways.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    You gotta hand it to kas: he always straps his stogie. Good man.

I think I'm going to take the wrappers off mine, too . . . one of these days. Mainly for the smell.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Mainly for the smell.
    i thought about that too for the same reason. what stopped me was the fact that i hated when i got a damaged cigar in the mail and it was clearly preventable if it had cellophane on it. Because of that i keep the cellophane on.

Im lookin out for you guys!
  • Options
    Ah. Another one of these guys who thinks ahead. What's up with that?

An excellent point, kuzi. Now I think I'll leave them on. Maybe.
  • Options
    i dont look a gift horse in the mouth. Ill never get mad at a guy that takes them off (even if it gats damaged in the proscess) but personally, ill leave that up to them and mail them with the cello on.
  • Options
    I actually get irritated when cigars come without cello ... like the ones I sent you in the PIF kuzi, none of those come with cello. I hope it wasn't one of those that got damaged! I used to take my cello of bc I ilked the look and smell as well but after three of four damaged cigars I don't do it anymore.
  • Options
    I got a bunch of Illusione cigars and they came sans cello. Two were chipped and had breaks in the wrappers. Since I plan on resting them for a while I placed them in some previously occupied cellos to avoid further damage. I read that the creator of Illusione likes to smoke these fresh without resting because the flavors are more pronounced this way. Before they blend within the cigar to create the complex flavors many smokers enjoy. I do believe a personal test will be necessary.
  • Options
    Let us know what you find, kas. I keep hearing about this cigar but have never seen one, so I'm curious.
  • Options
    I picked those up on Maduro's glowing review posted here a while back. He really sold me on them, as he did several others posted .
  • Options
    Yea every illiusione(pronounced eh-lose-e-nay, so I just found out) I've had has been a little nicked up Kas. I hate that about them but for the price and the flavor bomb that is about to go off in your mouth you can live with. I'll give you this warning, they burn crappy they don't run but they don't burn even either, they aren't the prettiest cigar and it won't hold its ash but DAMN they are good! You did get the cg4 right? Also I recommend smoking at least one right away. I let one rest for two weeks in my humi and I am not BSing when I say it mellowed a little, IN TWO WEEKS!
  • Options
    Also Kas, let me know when you pick up a stick off my recommendation, I'd love to hear if you thouht the same or how your review differed.
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    It's personal preference really, unless you have flavored cigars.

I took all the cello off my cigars, it was really the only way to bring down and equalize the humidity.
  • Options
    Maduro, I will start doing just that. I don't often post post smoke posts, but will start. Sounds like a urbino inspired comment.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Maduro, I will start going just that. I don't often post post smoke posts, but will start. Sounds like a urbino inspired comment.
    I'm inspirational! I'm getting all verklempt.
  • Options
    jlzimmerman:

I took all the cello off my cigars, it was really the only way to bring down and equalize the humidity.
    Flavored cigars shouldn't be in the same humi even with cello they;ll bleed.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    jlzimmerman:

Flavored cigars shouldn't be in the same humi even with cello they;ll bleed.
    And as a side note, when there are so many unflavored cigars that taste so incredible, who needs flavored cigars anyway?