Home General Discussion
Options

ok so what was your first??

twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
So just wondering what was your first smoke.what was the one that got got you hooked?for me it was a long time ago my wifes grandfather smoked dutch masters.had a garage full of empty boxes.he gave me one to welcome me to the family.i think i almost got sick lol..didnt touch a cigars for a long time.but many years later i rememberd the expereince and decided to smoke one in his honor if you will..and now im hooked .i think he knew i was one (botl)
no matter where you go, there you are.

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Smoked a Cusano 18 Connie in Ft. Myers on vacation, it was delish and started my love affair with cigars.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    padron 1964 maduro principe. awesome smoke.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one that got me hooked was a Graycliff Double Espresso Churchill in Nassau
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Illusione 68 Bombone.. it was the second cigar i ever smoked little over a year ago.. first cigar i ever smoked was a DE Java.. to this day i love illusiones though i dont have any in my humi right now.. need to get some..
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a Cohiba Siglo IV down in Cabo on a fishing trip with my brother. Its been all down hill from there. Justin: I got you covered bro :p
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    bigfnsteve:
    Smoking a Cohiba Siglo IV down in Cabo on a fishing trip with my brother. Its been all down hill from there. Justin: I got you covered bro :p
    Oh no..
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    My first was a Camacho Connie Robusto.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Padron 64 exclusivo I do believe...it's still a staple in my humi!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    For me, it was the Helix cigar, back in 2002 or so when they had a huge marketing campaign with ads in all the men's magazines (Maxim, etc). Then a shop suggested I try the Cusano 18. From there I was hooked.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Padron 1926 80th Anniversary and still one of my favorite stick.
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    very first was a Cohiba i got from the norwegians while i was in afghanistan. first one i truly enjoyed was an Acid Opulence 3. First non-infused i truly enjoyed was a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My uncle always smokes AyC grenadiers.. still does. I think so he doesnt feel bad trashing it or not finishig it. But those are what got me interested. Then a RP vintage 1990 Churchill and a DPG blue kept me coming back!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Montesino by Fuentes... Haven't had one in a while but it might be time to search for one.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rp 1990 or 92 cant remember for sure
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    my first was an acid 1400 cc, smoked it on my 16th wedding anniversary! it was recommended by my local guy before i knew anything about infused or not infused. think i may stick one in the bottom of my humi for my next anniversary!
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    A Playboy by Don Diego was my first real cigar I bought it at Sosa's in Orlando FL. The CAO black that i got last fall in a cheap sampler from Ccom got me hooked.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first was a cute little blond gal with a nice set of.........Oh! We're talking about cigars, aren't we?

My first cigar was a RyJ in the mid 70s. It was my dad's cigar that I pilfered from him when I was about 12 or so.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    My first was some random unnamed cigar. The first one I can remember with a name was a sun grown alec bradley
  • Options
    Hoyo de Monterey maduros... my uncle used to smoke these like they were going out of style and he got me hooked. They still have a nostalgic flavor to them to this today.
  • Options
    IONTCIONTC Posts: 172
    jj20030:
    rp 1990 or 92 cant remember for sure

yup same thing for me, it was 20 dollars at a bar in Detroit.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I can't remember my first but i do remember the first cigar i smoked that i fell in love with and it made me get more into this hobby. La Flor Dominicana Air Benders. It immediatly become my first box bought as well.
  • Options
    SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    A creamy 5 vegas classic. It left an incredible aroma in my living room and for days afterwards when I walk in the door after work to be greeted by the smell I get an incredibly pwerful craving to light one up even though I was starving for dinner. I haven't had it in over a year and right now thinking about it I want to light a 5 V classic. To be in my next order from ccom!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea what it was, but I do remember the occasion: It was the day I launched my schooner. Kedged her out into the Guadaloupe river. There was a party aboard, everyone good and drunk. I rowed round on my whitehall dinghy and admired. Earlier in the proceedings, someone had given me a dark dog **** in an aluminum tube. Toasted.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Besides the crap Dutch Masters and Black n Milds in High School... My first was a Rocky Patel Edge.... To this day I can't believe that the EDGE got me hooked... So powerful and one-dimensional now I would NEVER recommend it as a fist cigar.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Macanudo the week I turned 18.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    I had a few unknowns on and off for a couple of years, but I got hooked on a RP92. I still love that cigar and always keep some around.
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    My first was a RP 1990 and after that i was hooked