Home Cigar 101
Options

A stick in my cigar.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, here is the story.
Streater sent me a bomb. In it, an Alec Bradley Black Market Churchill.
I had a robusto that I was saving until I could get another, so tonight I fire up the Robusto.
(NOT the one I received today from Streater. Just to make that clear.)
A little into the cigar, I kept feeling like there was a stem in it that was irritating me.
After a while of smoking it, I notice right toward the end, there was a bump in the cigar. So I finally say the hell with it and start digging at the bump in the cigar.
What I found was this.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... Can't understand why a roller would do that. And Black Market is a really nice cigar.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I'm not even a an fan but really!!!!! That's just crappy!! I'd travel to where ever and wave it in the rollers face!! Not really but I don't think I can state what I'd like to do lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a whole tree, man
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i would definitely complain to AB about that one, send in a picture or ten as well It seems like they would replace it, i know i would be pissed if they didnt; those are not cigars that i would expect that sort of crappy quality in.
  • Options
    I went to their contact page and filled out their form. Told them I can send a picture if they want.
    Not sure they'll even reply. Just kind of disappointed with them now.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Wow, that's nuts! Hopefully they replace it.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    So, I know long and short filler...do we call this thick filler? That sucks, hope they make right.
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    you won a prize!
  • Options
    The bad thing is, I enjoyed the first black market I had. Now I have to get past this.
    And I no sooner say I enjoyed the black market, this happens. Makes me look a bit foolish.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    The bad thing is, I enjoyed the first black market I had. Now I have to get past this.
    And I no sooner say I enjoyed the black market, this happens. Makes me look a bit foolish.
    I dont think so... Sh** happens.
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    looks like the roller dropped his cane in the cigar
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    They will take care of you. Send the pic either way so you don't feel bad about telling AB customer service. That's bad and Alan runs a top notch shop from my exp so if'n they don't more than reimburse you I would be shocked. The pic would help because I assume they get a fair share of peeps trying to scam for free complaint merch.
  • Options
    blurr:
    They will take care of you. Send the pic either way so you don't feel bad about telling AB customer service. That's bad and Alan runs a top notch shop from my exp so if'n they don't more than reimburse you I would be shocked. The pic would help because I assume they get a fair share of peeps trying to scam for free complaint merch.
    I'll send them the pic, but I could really care less if they don't replace it.
    Hell, I'll even send them the rest of the cigar. It's a principle thing.
    It ruined my entire night for cigars. I guess I'm odd that way.
    Kind of like eating a hamburger and hitting a piece of bone. I'm done with it.

This is the kind of thing that tests their customer service and separates the great companies from the mediocre ones.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    haha! hahahahah. liuser.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    See what happens when you give up my addy, its a omen, of what is yet to come! LOL
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    See what happens when you give up my addy, its a omen, of what is yet to come! LOL
    Ah! So you're to blame! Hmm.
    One day, when you least expect it, expect it. LOL!
    See, I wait until you guys have forgotten, then I strike. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    blurr:
    I'll send them the pic, but I could really care less if they don't replace it.
    Hell, I'll even send them the rest of the cigar. It's a principle thing.
    It ruined my entire night for cigars. I guess I'm odd that way.
    Kind of like eating a hamburger and hitting a piece of bone. I'm done with it.

This is the kind of thing that tests their customer service and separates the great companies from the mediocre ones.
    I've gone through 1.5 boxes of them...never an issue. I've found stems in high end cigars, send the email and they will replace it. It happens with premium cigars IMO and companies never hesitate to send replacements.
  • Options
    0patience:
    MVW67:
    I think mvw is already paranoid about getting hit lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    0patience:
    MVW67:
    I think mvw is already paranoid about getting hit lol

He should be. ;)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    So, I know long and short filler...do we call this thick filler? That sucks, hope they make right.
    that right there is funny.

im gunna put this in terms of my job as a manager at a restaurant:
    if something goes wrong, i wanna know about it.
    i dont care if its something minor like a coffee was cold, i wanna know. how do i know to try and fix an issue if i dont know an issue is going on?

the issue here is that there is a buncher that doesnt give a *** about his job and would let this slide. i mean, seriously, how do you miss that?
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i mean, seriously, how do you miss that?
    Maybe the buncher just had a stick up his a$$ that day........
  • Options
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    Lmao that's just too good!!! Thank you for making me crack up tod!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Ouch that sucks. That is a nice size stick. Do you have a dog? Some fetch could be in order.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Ok, here is the story.
    Streater sent me a bomb. In it, an Alec Bradley Black Market Churchill.
    I had a robusto that I was saving until I could get another, so tonight I fire up the Robusto.
    (NOT the one I received today from Streater. Just to make that clear.)
    A little into the cigar, I kept feeling like there was a stem in it that was irritating me.
    After a while of smoking it, I notice right toward the end, there was a bump in the cigar. So I finally say the hell with it and start digging at the bump in the cigar.
    What I found was this.

eek! Sorry man
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    It kinda looks like a kick stand for a cigar lol
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    Lmao that's just too good!!! Thank you for making me crack up tod!!
    i see what you did there...
  • Options
    JGKAMIN:
    Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.
    mmhmm. I looked at the stick and it actually has leaf on it, so it is one big stem.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Ummmmm......... Surprise???
  • Options
    So when you find something like this and email the company, how long do you give them to reply with an apology before you say screw it and right off doing any business with them?
    One of my pet peeves is when people don't return phone calls, reply to emails or acknowledge you. That is probably the most irritating thing I ever run into.

And for the life of me, I can't figure out how a company does business if they can't respond to emails or answer the phone.

I'm just one person and I ain't a socialite, so losing my business isn't gonna mean squat to them, but it's a principle thing. A simple email saying, "we apologize for letting this slip by our quality control and appreciate your bringing it to our attention." 20 seconds to type it and hit send.
    I'm thinking that isn't too much to ask.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: