Home Ratings & Reviews

sugestions?

i looking for a non-maduro that is med-full,or full , with little to no leather/earthy/grass flavor an lots o the nutty/spicy/creamy/coffee im looking at pepins cigars, are they on the really leather/earth side????, im not a big fan on the musty earth/leather flavors and would like to avoid them but pepin' s cigars are quite tempting.. any ideas? thanks

Comments

• mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    the Cubao is a very well balanced med-full from Pepin, I also find the RP Singature to be very flavorfull, like a spicy buttery toffee yet very smooth and not at all on the heavy side
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I second the RP Signature, also give the Perdomo ESV '91 or ITC 10th Anniversary a shot. Most of Don Pepin Garcia's cigars I have tried have been on the peppery side and very robust.
    alienmisprint:
    I second the RP Signature, also give the Perdomo ESV '91 or ITC 10th Anniversary a shot. Most of Don Pepin Garcia's cigars I have tried have been on the peppery side and very robust.
    I think the Cubao is much tamer than his other blends, your right most of his really have a blast of body and pepper to them
    Guess I too will have to get some ESV's everybody keeps talking about them. Is their one size that stands out apart from the rest?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    For a good shot of strength and pepper with an awesome flavor, I recommend the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet...if you can find it, they are getting harder and harder to come by.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    mustluvcigars:
    alienmisprint:
    I think the Cubao is much tamer than his other blends, your right most of his really have a blast of body and pepper to them
    Guess I too will have to get some ESV's everybody keeps talking about them. Is their one size that stands out apart from the rest?
    I've only had the Regente and Prestigio sizes, but both were very good.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Try a Nub Cameroon for creamy or give a 5 Vegas Classic a shot. If you really want coffee, your probably going to have to look at a maduro wrapper, but you can also try a Drew Estate Java, flavored cigar, but you will get coffee out of it. Maybe a Nub Habano, but I remember it having a bit of earthy flavors to it.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I have no suggestions, but you made me hungry for a cuban classic...think I may go have one.
    Luko:
    I have no suggestions, but you made me hungry for a cuban classic...think I may go have one.
    I just got a fiver of 1973s in today, cant hardly wait for these to get rested up
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Consider the new A Fernandez. You will be hard pressed to find espresso without any earth or leather. These flavors tend to come together in one form or another. Id look for cigars that are fairly intensive with Nicaraguan habano seed tobaccos and avoid anything with Honduran habano tobaccos. Honduran tobacco is almost always identified by a earthy and peaty flavor.