Home Non Cigar Related
Options

teamspeak or skype.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone use skype or teamspeak?
I know a couple use skype and I use teamspeak to talk to a couple buddies.
I've used skype and teamspeak and because teamspeak is a server based that I can set up, it can be made to have 12-20 people in voice chat at a time and several rooms can be set up.
Just curious as to what folks think.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TS3 without question. OMG TS3 owns me! I am a big gamer (BF3) and love Teamspeak
  • Options
    I'm thinking of paying for a TS3 server. 20 people at a time.
    Several rooms can be set up, including private rooms for family conversations.
    It is pretty cheap and the quality of TS3 is pretty remarkable.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Used TS in the old gaming days. Most have moved to Ventrillo. Have you tried Vent?
  • Options
    james40:
    Used TS in the old gaming days. Most have moved to Ventrillo. Have you tried Vent?
    The group I deal with uses teamspeak. My son uses ventrilo and it seems to be fine for him.
    All of the COD guys I talk to use teamspeak. It seems the younger guys prefer ventrilo.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    james40:
    Ive used both and have both installed on my gaming rig.... Vent is not as good or as clear as TS3. I was gaming 3-5 hours a night before I found you guys and now..... havent played in close to two months.
  • Options
    PS. The TS app for smart phones is pretty cool.
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    TS is the better of the 2. Mumble is another option, I personally think it's the best out there. Less lag and time between messages!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    we should have skype herfs!
  • Options
    jliu:
    Kind of what I was thinking. I mean, most of us can't travel to meet up with everyone, but we could easily get a bunch on a voice chat thing.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    TS3 without question. OMG TS3 owns me! I am a big gamer (BF3) and love Teamspeak
    yet another thing we have in common. I'm a big gamer myself. I'm on PS3. Yeah yeah I know PC ftw lol. I sold my BF3. I'm still playing MW3 though.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    0patience:
    james40:
    The group I deal with uses teamspeak. My son uses ventrilo and it seems to be fine for him.
    All of the COD guys I talk to use teamspeak. It seems the younger guys prefer ventrilo.
    it's all the same to me. We used to play drunken sundays and record some of the fun times.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Vision:
    yet another thing we have in common. I'm a big gamer myself. I'm on PS3. Yeah yeah I know PC ftw lol. I sold my BF3. I'm still playing MW3 though.

I love my PC gaming, but like cigars, its what you like. I spent a lot on my current rig to have the same amount of fun someone has on the PS3 or 360.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    0patience:
    jliu:
    Kind of what I was thinking. I mean, most of us can't travel to meet up with everyone, but we could easily get a bunch on a voice chat thing.
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/508990.aspx Irish had a couple before he got knocked up and started working 90 hr workweeks. I would love to get in on a virtual herf.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I am on Skype and have talked to a few people from the forums on it. Done a few virtual herfs on Skype. Good to put a face to some people, others (robbyras) not so much.

PM me if you want the skype info. I am at the cigar shop most Monday nights.
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Roger Wilko.