Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Google Chrome for iOS

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Anyne else download this and totally disappointed? I mainly use Chrome on my PC, but it's really not cutting it on my iPad. The page rendering is terrible, and I hate the way the bookmarks are presented. The only plus is that you can sync your bookmarks and open pages between devices. Other than that, I really see no reason to not use Safari. Any other thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Safari , Chrome, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Chrome.............. They keep jumping at different rates. Who are we but mere users. I'm Apple across the board, hence Safari. But Chrome is always close at hand. JMO
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IE9 on MS based systems and Safari on all my Apples. I still feel that all the after marker 3rd party browsers suck. Plug-ins always crash, pages look like crap, lay-out sucks...... I have been a PC tech for about 14 years and messing with computers since 93 and always go back to the OS's built in browser. I did love Netscape tho...... :)

Just my opinion.....
  • Options
    Vision:
    IE9 on MS based systems and Safari on all my Apples. I still feel that all the after marker 3rd party browsers suck. Plug-ins always crash, pages look like crap, lay-out sucks...... I have been a PC tech for about 14 years and messing with computers since 93 and always go back to the OS's built in browser. I did love Netscape tho...... :)

Just my opinion.....
    I made a few pennies on Netscape stock.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I used chrome for my galaxy 3 and don't like it. I like it for the pc but for phones it needs work. I really don't like any of the browsers for phones, they all sort of suck, it's more of, "what sucks less."
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had pretty good luck with Mozilla Firefox on my android phone. I can't use the Google one, unless I want my phone broken into pieces. I end up pissed off.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    No flash on Chrome... If it had flash, I would make it my main browser. Now I'm not a flash fanatic, and I know all things are changing over, but as of now, I need it to sign into my banking on my phone. So without flash I just use the stock Android browser
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    No flash on Chrome... If it had flash, I would make it my main browser. Now I'm not a flash fanatic, and I know all things are changing over, but as of now, I need it to sign into my banking on my phone. So without flash I just use the stock Android browser
    Flash is dead. HTML 5 will rule.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Lasabar:
    I think Flash is to big to die. Would love to see better coding and better HD.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Lasabar:
    What pisses me off though, is that there is no successor yet if Flash is dead...

I understand that change in inevitable, but we live in a world where Blu-Ray was expensive as he11 but worked out the kinks and got cheaper all while DVDs were still on the fore-front. Now Blu-ray is the standard, but it's backwards compatible (not only to DVDs, but to older TVs) and it is affordable...

Don't cut Flash out of Chrome, unless every website has a seamless transition... It's just dumb