Home General Discussion
Options

Anyone else feel the need??

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
I always feel the need to have a even amount of the same stick. I I smoke one I have to buy another or simply give one of them away. Not sure if it's just me being **** but I just feel like they look better even and I can't stand looking and seeing a empty slot!!
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Yup...simply in case I need to share
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I feel ya there Lee, I smoke one then if I really like it I have to replace it and keep it in my humidor. Then I sit on it and stare at it in my humidor and can't decide it I want to smoke it.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    thats exactly why i pair em up!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get too worried about it, but I do like to have at least 2 of most cigars. When I get down to one left of a cigar, I have a hard time grabbing it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten to the point of having mutiples yet so I guess my humidor would really bug you lol
  • Options
    RobIsSweet:
    I haven't gotten to the point of having mutiples yet so I guess my humidor would really bug you lol
    Lol yeah that happens starting out but I always like to have at least one for me and one for someone else! And if I don't have a even amount they just don't stack well lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    +1x1000x200
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Funny I like to have at least three of something. One so I can smoke it, and the other two so I can share and compare it. I have lots of pairs that I won't break up.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Funny I like to have at least three of something. One so I can smoke it, and the other two so I can share and compare it. I have lots of pairs that I won't break up.
    same here!!!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    kaspera79:
    same here!!!

I think I'm along the same line here. The only thing is the third one is to age and see how it is down the line...
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    The closest B&M to me is 110 miles one way. I solve the problem by buying them by the box from CCom.
  • Options
    Duke2:
    The closest B&M to me is 110 miles one way. I solve the problem by buying them by the box from CCom.
    That's horrible!!!!! Where do you live? Remind me not to move there lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    It's called Obsessive Compulsive Cigar-dor...

Many people have it... I'm with Kas that I tend to like to have UN-Even numbers in my humi, that way when I TRY the stick I will have an even amount left OVER.... Then.... I may never touch those guys again if they were good, for shame of breaking them up...

We meet every third Thursday of the month.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me everytime i take one or two out to smoke i feel like i need to go replace them .
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I like twins. Both at once, preferably.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I always feel the need to have a even amount of the same stick. I I smoke one I have to buy another or simply give one of them away. Not sure if it's just me being **** but I just feel like they look better even and I can't stand looking and seeing a empty slot!!
    Yeah, well, there's always these considerations, too: Say it's something I have not tried. I want to buy two, because it takes two to properly evaluate. What if the first is tasty but has a bad burn, for instance. It deserves a second try. If it is tasty. then I don't want to have burnt the last. Soon as I find I like it, I want another in reserve. Say I find I don't like it. Someone else might, so it's time to give it away. Two are better than one any way you look at it.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I like twins. Both at once, preferably.

Oh wait, we're talking about cigars again, aren't we? Nevermind then. image
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.