Home General Discussion
Options

Thinking about changing my name.

I love Frank Sinatra, but I didn't think of how weird it would be to have people calling me Old Blues Eyes on a forum. I only have about 60 posts, think I should change it while I don't have too many?

Comments

• Options
    And I just realized that there are probably about 7 different areas on the forum I should have posted this on. You'll have to excuse me, I'm still pretty new to this.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    if you are going to do it now is the time to do so, if i were in your shoes id also change "oldblueeyes" sig to tell what my new name was.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    It's too late, you already dug that grave my friend. When the boxes start flying. They will know your name, but if you hurt them to bad. O B E, will remain a fixture. You came in this world with, that's how you go out, lol.

On another note, it must mean something to you, right. You choose it, I vote stick with it. If not, like Tay said now is the time....
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Keep your name... Who cares... If Frank was alive he'd kick your teeth in for just THINKING about changing your name, then he'd take you out for steak and eggs
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'd like to change mine, too, but I don't want to lose my post count....not that I've ever done anything about it..

Maybe Krebsie could step in here and offer a suggestion. You watching', Krebsie??.

• Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    Just keep it,I have my middle name as mine not nowing when I made it my password to buy cigars it would be my forum name. I did not find the forum until a year later but it works. I think frank would want you to keep it lol.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it!! Remember it's all about the booze, da broads and the moola...
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    So what you doing is telling a forum full of sharks that you do not want to be called OBE? Fail.... you are now permanently OBE bro lol. Sinatra ruless BTW
  • Options
    Hahaha don't get me wrong, Sinatra is my favorite artist of all time. But for those of you who don't get the reference, it sounds a little... Questionable.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Hahaha don't get me wrong, Sinatra is my favorite artist of all time. But for those of you who don't get the reference, it sounds a little... Questionable.
    Wait. Who DOESN'T get the reference?? If someone doesn't get the reference, their man card should be taken away. Seriously?

BTW, I asked my wife what she thought of when you mention "old blue eyes" and she immediately said Sinatra. So I'd say it's pretty much a universal thing.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    Wait. Who DOESN'T get the reference?? If someone doesn't get the reference, their man card should be taken away. Seriously?

BTW, I asked my wife what she thought of when you mention "old blue eyes" and she immediately said Sinatra. So I'd say it's pretty much a universal thing.
    Agreed.

Especially on a forum of cigar smokers..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    ...I didnt get the reference... but i am under 25 and from a hick town.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    change it. you want to cut me.
  • Options
    CutJune101 eh??
  • Options
    Hays:
    0patience:
    OldBlueEyes2012:

Agreed.

Especially on a forum of cigar smokers..
    Alright awesome. Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure everyone was picking up on that. Haha