Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

jamie garcia

did a box split last year. had one rott , was a bit bitter with that chemically taste. had one last night over a year resting. man entire different stick, really evolved into a nice med smoke. full of flavor. let these rest, you'll be very happy.

Comments

• Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I've only had one but def enjoyed gotta get some more.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fuentejps:
    did a box split last year. had one rott , was a bit bitter with that chemically taste. had one last night over a year resting. man entire different stick, really evolved into a nice med smoke. full of flavor. let these rest, you'll be very happy.
    If you are referring to the Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial, then yes some of them need some rest.
    I've had a few that would have definitely benefited from a little time in a humi.
    On the same hand, the local B&M had a box that they didn't get onto the shelf for quite some time, that it extremely enjoyable. If you can get some that have been rested for at least 6 months, they are totally worth getting.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    John that's good to hear since I was your split partner on that one, and still have my ten resting. Usually 2 yrs is what I shoot for but maybe I'll take one to the outer banks next month.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are a little strong at first, I can definitely see them aging well. I have one left, I guess I'll hold onto it for awhile. I have really enjoyed the few that I've had
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    when did we get these? maybe over a year? give one a try. i have the rest in the aging drawer. i may pull them out.
    blurr:
    John that's good to hear since I was your split partner on that one, and still have my ten resting. Usually 2 yrs is what I shoot for but maybe I'll take one to the outer banks next month.
  • Options
    totally agree. they really mellow out.
    Gray4lines:
    These are a little strong at first, I can definitely see them aging well. I have one left, I guess I'll hold onto it for awhile. I have really enjoyed the few that I've had
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Mine weren't chemical tasting when fresh, but they were harsh and muddled. I agree that some downtime does wonders. I think I'm right around a year now, and they're quite enjoyable.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I love these bad boys. Wonderful smoke, mine are at ten months. I'm trying to hold out for a little while longer. ROTT, they were harsh. But at the six month the harshness was at minimum and it was a enjoyable smoke. Thick clouds of smoke.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I agree Jaime Garcia's are good with some age, the LE 2011 is awesome right now, I'm gonna be upset when I smoke my last one
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just placed an order for 7 more of the 2011.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I will admit they are a good smoke...tasty good draw and doesn't break the bank
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Lets see, gotta find my excel sheet but I know its correct as I am **** about storage dates. Ok I have

Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Toro 6x54 10 6/8/2011
    So we are just over a year. Definitely going to take one to the beach next month, since we got the hefty toro sized smokes and I will need a good burner.
  • Options
    cool, i thought they were around a year. lmk whenever u wanna split more boxes.