Home Ratings & Reviews

Smoke 'N' Post Pregame - 8/11 MoW PA Habano

Nothing super special nor budget busting but a great all around smoke. Seeing as this is my first one I wanted to get something that everyone could get or already has. I'm not a big baller like most of you so if it's too pedestrian, let me know and I can change it out for something else.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we going to start a new thread for each Saturday, or is it possible to combine them? (I don't know which is better, just a question to answer early on) Also, can we et the line up for a month or so? Planning 3 or 4 smokes ahead may help more people get a hold of em and be onboard... I'd be down for picking a week if we have room.

I don't know that I have this one, bit I will look.... really enjoyed last Sat's post!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Fine choice, James. Gray, I think we should create a new thread each week. Makes it easier to search for particular cigar reviews. I think Trident is leading the SnP for the 18th. Would you like to volunteer for the following one?
  • IONTCIONTC Posts: 172
    Sounds awesome, but I'm not sure any B&Ms carry these near me....Tony, what about Casa de Cuba?
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    paul, if you make a trip down to visit a michigander i know someone who has a monlith and cooler that has some of these. Although, you would be at a disadvantage with this thread because the one you would be smoking has been aged for over a year.
    and yes, for the record, i am selecting the stick for the next meeting. will start a new thread...although, i may select a day change if you guys are ok with it. Since our Scotch and Cigar club is meeting on the thursday (aug 16th) of that week.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    If you don't mind, I have a few suggestions. I say whoever started this should makea new thread. And make the rules in the first post. IMO, a consolidated thread would be awesome. And just like a few other threads before. This can die out and someone can stumble across it later. See all the action in it and revive it. I know we can type a name in the search and find what we are looking for right away. The same is if you pull up this thread by accident. Then type in a cigar your looking for, it will come up. Consolidation is my vote on it instead of having a bunch of reviews floating around. Furthermore, whoever is running this shingding could put out a monthly list of 5-10 cigars. That way, the host for each week can have a option on what cigar to review that week. It also gives the other participants a checklist and opportunity to get those sticks. Which ever sticks are not use during that month. Carries over to the next month and you add four more new sticks. Once again, this is just a few of my suggestions. Nothing is concrete, but if I was running it. This is what I would do.

On another note, I won't be able to do this one. I will be working. It's kinda of sad because this is one of my go to cigars. Enjoy.....

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Another suggestion if I may.

If you are going to keep this running set up something with Timmah, Andy or The Goddess. Have a monthly organizer put together a 5-8 stick sampler each month (no, not the CotM but that could be an idea). Then everyone who is able to make all these reviews can just order the sampler and have all the cigars already on hand.
    i really like that idea. so everyone who wants to participate can get with ccom and have the sticks delivered the week before the actual start date. let me talk to andy...
    RCY Cigars:
    If you don't mind, I have a few suggestions. I say whoever started this should makea new thread. And make the rules in the first post. IMO, a consolidated thread would be awesome. And just like a few other threads before. This can die out and someone can stumble across it later. See all the action in it and revive it. I know we can type a name in the search and find what we are looking for right away. The same is if you pull up this thread by accident. Then type in a cigar your looking for, it will come up. Consolidation is my vote on it instead of having a bunch of reviews floating around. Furthermore, whoever is running this shingding could put out a monthly list of 5-10 cigars. That way, the host for each week can have a option on what cigar to review that week. It also gives the other participants a checklist and opportunity to get those sticks. Which ever sticks are not use during that month. Carries over to the next month and you add four more new sticks. Once again, this is just a few of my suggestions. Nothing is concrete, but if I was running it. This is what I would do.

On another note, I won't be able to do this one. I will be working. It's kinda of sad because this is one of my go to cigars. Enjoy.....

I agree with consolidation into one thread. Also having a predetermined list for a month or 2
    Gray4lines:
    RCY Cigars:

I agree with consolidation into one thread. Also having a predetermined list for a month or 2
    We can definitely just do one thread from now on. As for a list, I was trying to find a way to have as many people involved in picking the cigars. I really don't want this to turn into "my" thing. I want it to be a "forum" thing. So I could pick a half dozen different cigars, but I like the idea of other people having some ownership over this as well. If we just use one thread from now on, I suppose we don't really need someone leading each week, just a cigar and a time. I'll try and get this more formalized in the next day or so and go from there. And keep up with the suggestions! I was actually trying to get this input a couple weeks ago with the "Bring back the SnP" thread. Thanks again everyone!
    SleevePlz:
    Gray4lines:
    RCY Cigars:

We can definitely just do one thread from now on. As for a list, I was trying to find a way to have as many people involved in picking the cigars. I really don't want this to turn into "my" thing. I want it to be a "forum" thing. So I could pick a half dozen different cigars, but I like the idea of other people having some ownership over this as well. If we just use one thread from now on, I suppose we don't really need someone leading each week, just a cigar and a time. I'll try and get this more formalized in the next day or so and go from there. And keep up with the suggestions! I was actually trying to get this input a couple weeks ago with the "Bring back the SnP" thread. Thanks again everyone!
    I like the "everyone pick a cigar" method too. It may be a littleharder to plan out, but I think its more fun that way... I'm down for picking the next week we have open, or anytime
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I think I might have one of these in bottom of humi. Will have to check on Thursday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Small problem fellas. I'm going camping for my bday and I just remembered I will be off the grid that day. I can still take pictures and stuff but can't really "lead" this. Is that going to be a problem? I could probably find a spot to hang out and be able to get online (walk around the campground). Sorry fellas, spaced out - happens all the time when you're old like me.
    Shouldn't be a problem. The "leading" thing is more symbolic than anything. Obviously everyone can just start posting when they light them up. I'm planning on participating again this week, so if no one else has already started the discussion when I start, I'll get it going. On a side note, your birthday is Saturday? So I have three reasons to bomb you now? First, all the talk. Second, you hit me first. Third, it's your Bday. I'll aim for early next week if you are out camping this weekend.
    Also, we are still looking for more volunteers to pick a cigar for future SnP's. Hit me up with a PM if you want to get involved!
    SleevePlz:
    Shouldn't be a problem. The "leading" thing is more symbolic than anything. Obviously everyone can just start posting when they light them up. I'm planning on participating again this week, so if no one else has already started the discussion when I start, I'll get it going. On a side note, your birthday is Saturday? So I have three reasons to bomb you now? First, all the talk. Second, you hit me first. Third, it's your Bday. I'll aim for early next week if you are out camping this weekend.
    Cool, thanks man. All the talk? What you mean? I've down nothing wrong, just having some fun. Then again, Rick is the one who orchestrated this, you should hit him.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    SleevePlz:
    Cool, thanks man. All the talk? What you mean? I've down nothing wrong, just having some fun. Then again, Rick is the one who orchestrated this, you should hit him.
    Rick can always use someone hitting him. Lol
    TTT - don't forget to smoke and post fellas. Thanks in advance to everyone who will participate this weekend. Thanks Tony for getting this started again and letting me take week 2.

. I will be smoking around 8pm and will try to get in an area that has internet. Enjoy fellasl.