Home General Discussion
Options

ICPCR...The Afterparty

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
So a buddy of mine and I planned to go to Orlando this past weekend for a few months, only to realize the ICPCR (as well as a the American Psychological Association for what its worth) 80 Annual Convention was in Orlando. Tried my best to get in...but no luck. Went to Corona Cigar Co. in Orlando and found they were having an after party there Sunday night hosted by Drew Estate. We were going to leave Sunday, but decided to stay an extra night.....and thank god we did.

Hundreds if not thousands of people present throughout the evening. A huge air conditioned tent outside housing all the smoking space you wanted, DJ, dancefloor, and mingling space. There was food catered in from local places including sushi, sandwiches, pastries, ect. All Drew Estate flavored sticks were there, as was about 4 different beers and many wine selections. Oh yes...and all of it free. Who was there? Just from my drunken memory....Drew, Marvin, Avo, Rocky, Nish, Nimish, J. Padron, Perdomo, Steve Saka, Jon Huber.....and a lot more I cant place names to face or just too foggy on Presidente Beer to remember. It was an amazing freak night, smoked a lot of good cigars (and my first ever ACID btw) and had a great time. May have to do a little contest this week for fun to celebrate it.....anyway, Im out for now.

Comments

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    sounds awesome! perhaps u need to make it to CF...same type of atmosphere, food, drinks and star power...oh, wait a minute, why am i encouraging someone else to go, it might impede my ability to get in...ah, no it wont..glad u had a great time...anyway, I was chatting with Paul Stulac yesterday (http://paulstulac.com/cigar/) and he said it was an amazing show, tiring, but very worthwhile.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thats frkn awesome,, Good timing and choice of hangout. Would like to meet Nick sometime. Sounds like a great time!!!!!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a blast . did you get to take some home or didi you have to smoke them there? i just missed the big one they had down here ,gonna try to make it next year tho.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IPCPR is an experience. Went 2 years ago and this year and last I spent the week of in agony wishing I was there. The after parties were amazing and the people were the best. Glad you got to experience a little taste of it. I saw a bunch of pics of that party and words can't do it justice.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Words cannot do it just indeed Snake....amazing. Yes, you could take sticks home with you, but everyone woudl take like 1 or 2 maybe, I didnt wanna look like this one fat f*ck who was there and grabbed like 9 in his fat meat hand. I mean, Im all for freebies, but cmon guy lets not be stupid here. Now the free beer on the other hand.....ooooooohhhhh $hit.