Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

gran habano 2002 vintage

2»

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have had another of these, now with at least a couple weeks rest, very little of the hay.  Thinking about it, the one I smoked first had a much lighter wrapper than some of the others in the bundle.  Hmmm.  Well, maybe a quality control issue?  Weren't these originally made from tobaccos intended for other cigars?  Can't complain too much, for the price, I guess. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the weekend I smoked the first one out of my recent mazo purchase, after it sat here for a week, and found no hay.  Just a one-dimensional sweetness, like a sweet bread or pie crust.  I liked it enough to consider the great deal Ccom sent to my inbox today... 20 robustos for $40.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey! Maybe they made my batch with actual hay. Eh?
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    A year or so ago I bought a 10-er of these in some kinda Beard of whoever c.com deal, taken in by the high ratings and marketing hype. Thought these were one of the worst "highly touted" brands I ever had. I'm a city boy, so maybe saying that the two I tried had a "dead, dehydrated, overmown, weed-choked lawn" profile is a more appropriate regional assessment. Or maybe GH in general just hits me the wrong because a few months later I tried an GH Aztec someone sent me and had the same reaction.    
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would sooner pull off my fingernails with pliers before I smoke another Gran HayBano.  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:
    I would sooner pull off my fingernails with pliers before I smoke another Gran HayBano.  
    Hahaha...  when your shoulder heals and you head up here, Ima set a pair of pliers and a Gran Habano in front of you, and we'll see which one you choose. 

The few I've had from my bundle were decent, and the three buddies that smoked them with me said the same.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That last mazo I got had about 3 hayburns, the rest were OK, still have 1 0r 2.  The lighter wrappers tended to have the hay effect.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I just smoked a Connie GH lancero. Nothing fancy.

The draw was super loose. Produced tons of smoke, and was very one dimensional. The most interesting thing about it came  when I smoked it very fast--the peppery-ness was a nice change, but even that was very mild.

No burn issues, no relights needed, and the ash fell at about 1" each time. Just a plain old simple budget stick.

I can tell you this; when I want a Connie, I am not going to reach for a GH. I can think of five other sticks I'd prefer. 

Was as it bad? No. Was it memorable? Also no.

Bottom line is when I light up a cigar I really want to enjoy myself--I am outside relaxing in the quiet. My preference is to have a cigar during that silence where I may analyze the tastes. This one was very very simplistic.

Ahead of this in Connie? Macanudo, Chillin Moose, Nub, and Punch

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch