Home Cigar 101

New humidor

reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
I am getting my new humidor in the mail today, I would like some tips on seasoning it properly, I have read alot on the Internet, but I trust the forum members, a little more than some jerk off on the Internet, also can I salt test my digital caliber 3 hygrometer?

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Also, time is not an issue! I have a small humidor up and running!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    To season I use a dish with a lot of surface area and fill it with distilled water till it holds a steady rh and yes you can salt test any hygrometer
    Money can't buy taste
    Lee, do you wipe the inside down or just blow it ou with air to make sure it's clean?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can wipe it down with a CLEAN cloth lightly dampened with distilled water. Lots of people do. Just don't get the wood soaking wet. And yes you should do the salt test on your hygrometer to determine if it's off.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    You can wipe it down with a CLEAN cloth lightly dampened with distilled water. Lots of people do. Just don't get the wood soaking wet. And yes you should do the salt test on your hygrometer to determine if it's off.
    Notice the words "CLEAN cloth lightly dampened with distilled water."
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Rhamlin:
    +1
    thanx guys i wiped it down and have it seasoning now, i will salt test all 3 of my hygros tonight after work! now all i have to do is wait! then to start filling this monster up!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    thanx guys i wiped it down and have it seasoning now, i will salt test all 3 of my hygros tonight after work! now all i have to do is wait! then to start filling this monster up!
    Heck yeah amigo!!!
    Waiting is certainly the hardest part while seasoning - but it's better to do it right the first time and not have to worry about your cigars getting dried out because the humi wasn't seasoned right.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    I am getting my new humidor in the mail today, I would like some tips on seasoning it properly, I have read alot on the Internet, but I trust the forum members, a little more than some jerk off on the Internet, also can I salt test my digital caliber 3 hygrometer?
    Just saw this thread, congrats on the new humidor. How big is it?

• rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    bandyt09:
    reggie713:

uh oh...don't do it reggie713.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rburke1129:
    bandyt09:
    reggie713:

Cue "Jaws Theme Song"

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    rburke1129:
    bandyt09:
    reggie713:

Cue "Jaws Theme Song"
    It's a 300! A couple of guy on here that it would be funny to blow up my LIL 50!!
    reggie713:
    jgibv:
    rburke1129:
    bandyt09:
    reggie713:

Cue "Jaws Theme Song"
    It's a 300! A couple of guy on here that it would be funny to blow up my LIL 50!!
    300 count is a nice step up from a 300 but alas, it does fill up quickly, especially with the guys on this forum having your address.
    reggie713:
    jgibv:
    rburke1129:
    bandyt09:
    reggie713:

Cue "Jaws Theme Song"
    between that , the daily deal, and the sprint sale, im doomed to have humidors everywhere!!
    reggie713:
    reggie713:
    jgibv:
    rburke1129:
    bandyt09:
    reggie713:

Cue "Jaws Theme Song"
    between that , the daily deal, and the sprint sale, im doomed to have humidors everywhere!!
    Yep, stuff shows in mailboxes "magically" all the time around here.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    reggie713:
    I resemble that remark, there are plenty of jerk offs here. Big Smile [:D]
    j0z3r:
    reggie713:
    I resemble that remark, there are plenty of jerk offs here. Big Smile [:D]
    i meant besides the jerk offs here! LOL