Home General Discussion
Options

EVERY DAY SMOKE/GO TO CIGAR

I order my smokes every month, it takes me 5-10 days prior to my order to pick out what I'm going to purchase, I call Tina at C.COM and we go through this song and dance. I purchase a few different samples (PREMIUMS) and then I always look for that every day smoke, you know, the one U smoke through out the day the $2-3 Cigar and I save the Prems for that special time of the day, my daily smoke is the "BAHIA" "GRAN HABANO VINTAGE 2002" YOU KNOW ON THOSE LINES, anyway I was thinking, I'm not going to do that anymore, Life is too short as we know and hear all the time, but it's true, so from here on in I'm going to always buy and smoke the top of the line Premium smokes, I have in my HUMI: (HOYO/GURKHA/OLIVA/PREMO DEL REY/DAVIDOFF/LA AROMA DE CUBA/AND MANY MORE, FROM NOW ON EACH ONE OF THESE SMOKES ARE MY DAILY CIGARS enjoy life, trust me when i tell U life is too tooo too short

Comments

• Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I used to save my high end cigars for special occasions but then one day decided, cigars are meant to be smoked and not collected (though there are some I am saving for aging reasons or I have a particular day already picked out) so I reach in humi and smoke whatever. No matter what it is... Because if I always waited for a special occasion I wouldn't smoke half of what I have already. Any day I wake up is a special enough occasion for me..
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    JHewey, I couldn't agree more with your last statement. Well put.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Two of my favorites is are the Diesel Shorty and Padilla Series 68. If i had to pick a go to cigar, it would be one of those two.
  • Options
    My go to cigar is Undercrown and now Ramon Bueso. Man I need to get myself a box of each of those soon. Damn being broke!!!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    My go to cigar is Undercrown and now Ramon Bueso. Man I need to get myself a box of each of those soon. Damn being broke!!!
    +1. if I'm short on time, tat pcr (thanks again bigT for introducing me to them).
  • Options
    JHewey:
    +1 on the Undercrown. Now I know what the hit you up with next time ;)
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quick blast...Room 101 Namakubi..very nice!!
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few cigars on hand. Most of them I do not have a single double of. My go to cigar....... the one lit in my mouth.
  • Options
    Cazzie13Cazzie13 Posts: 48
    Life is to short, for swisher sweets. My go to's are room 101 305 robusto and la arome de Cuba mi amor. I keep sprint sale running all day and I buy as much as I can.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    When I have them, my go to is a Padron 2000 maddy or LADC Robustos. I have a lot of singles thanks to many great people from the forums here and I have some special stuff I'm saving. All in all, I'm a pretty lucky guy.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oliva V all day everyday.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    ok in all seriousness. had the oliva v lancero yet? I liked it. paid wayyy too much for it at some cigar bar but it was good.
  • Options
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    ok in all seriousness. had the oliva v lancero yet? I liked it. paid wayyy too much for it at some cigar bar but it was good.
    That was the first ever oliva v I ever smoked.
  • Options
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:

$6 here in Mass/NH They are really good huh?
  • Options
    Vision:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:

great price. CA tobacco tax is horrendous...
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Vision:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:

Aw dude! I'm all over the Oliva V lanceros.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jliu:
    Vision:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:

It's not that way in Valencia lol
  • Options
    Smokindaddy:
    jliu:
    Vision:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:

ahh. yes. this valencia shop. i. must. go. we. must. go.
  • Options
    jliu:
    Smokindaddy:
    jliu:
    Vision:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:

ahh. yes. this valencia shop. i. must. go. we. must. go.
    Yes we must, hopefully soon!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    seagarlover:
    I order my smokes every month, it takes me 5-10 days prior to my order to pick out what I'm going to purchase, I call Tina at C.COM and we go through this song and dance. I purchase a few different samples (PREMIUMS) and then I always look for that every day smoke, you know, the one U smoke through out the day the $2-3 Cigar and I save the Prems for that special time of the day, my daily smoke is the "BAHIA" "GRAN HABANO VINTAGE 2002" YOU KNOW ON THOSE LINES, anyway I was thinking, I'm not going to do that anymore, Life is too short as we know and hear all the time, but it's true, so from here on in I'm going to always buy and smoke the top of the line Premium smokes, I have in my HUMI: (HOYO/GURKHA/OLIVA/PREMO DEL REY/DAVIDOFF/LA AROMA DE CUBA/AND MANY MORE, FROM NOW ON EACH ONE OF THESE SMOKES ARE MY DAILY CIGARS enjoy life, trust me when i tell U life is too tooo too short
    man.... i saw the tital to this thread and what ran through my head was "USE THE DAMN SEARCH BUTTON!!!" and my head is freaking out.
    then, without reading the thread i made this post:

kuzi16:
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK
    CLICK

and finally, from THIS thread:
    kuzi16:
    can we get a sticky? HA !

whats
    your
    Everyday / favorite
    smoke
    again
    and again
    and again

those are just threads from the past. i dont really mind the repeat topics because opinions can change on this topic.

mine did

my "everyday" smoke isnt everyday. i dont get that opportunity. i smoke what i like. most often it is a full bodied cigar, not mild or medium (though i do appreciate those as well. )
    and when i smoke, the price of the cigar is the farthest thing from my mind. like i said, i dont get to smoke often so i smoke what i like.

less often, more quality.

then, i clicked on the thread to read what you had to say.

long story short, your original post was fantastic.

reaching that moment in my cigar career took a few years but when i did, i was way happier with what i was smoking. i buy what i like. i smoke what i like. all of you should too. there are some inexpensive smokes that are amazing. but i dont buy them for the price, i buy them for the flavor ONLY. flavor is the only reason anyone should buy cigars.
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    JHEWEY, You are one of the AWESOME CGAR smokers of this century, I love to check in every day to see what U are smokin, U my friend have some of the greatest smokes I have ever seen, U always know what's in the now and I love that, and I am wondering if that is U in the picture, I think it's cool if it is, we should show our faces I think, this CGAR world we are in is a very special small elite group of people who know what is what in life, we know the planet has given us a few natural wonders that we are here to enjoy. Cigars,Wine, Single Malt Scotch and that's it. well I'm going to put my picture up so all will know that this is who you are talking to, it's nice to put a face to the text. Photobucket
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    YOU KNOW KUZI16, one sad neg post out of about 19 is not bad at all, every post has that one replyer that is just not happy with life and or what this great life has to offer, thank's to all the other interested Smokers for your input.Thanks
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I use to smoke the la aurora sapphires a lot but have turned to the mow little devils! Which reminds me I need another box!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seagarlover:
    YOU KNOW KUZI16, one sad neg post out of about 19 is not bad at all, every post has that one replyer that is just not happy with life and or what this great life has to offer, thank's to all the other interested Smokers for your input.Thanks
    Was this in response to Kuzi's post? If so, then you may want to read it again, as he said your post was FANTASTIC. Maybe I am wrong but I never took fantastic as being a negative. If it wasn't Kuzi's post can you please point out the negative one because I can't find it, thanks.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    seagarlover:
    Was this in response to Kuzi's post? If so, then you may want to read it again, as he said your post was FANTASTIC. Maybe I am wrong but I never took fantastic as being a negative. If it wasn't Kuzi's post can you please point out the negative one because I can't find it, thanks.
    fan·tas·tic /fæn'tæst?k/ Show Spelled[fan-tas-tik] Show IPA
    adjective
    1. conceived or appearing as if conceived by an unrestrained imagination; odd and remarkable; bizarre;
    grotesque: fantastic rock formations; fantastic designs.
    2. fanciful or capricious, as persons or their ideas or actions: We never know what that fantastic creature will say
    next. 3. imaginary or groundless in not being based on reality; foolish or irrational: fantastic fears.
    4. extravagantly fanciful; marvelous.
    5. incredibly great or extreme; exorbitant: to spend fantastic sums of money.
  • Options
    seagarlover:
    JHEWEY, You are one of the AWESOME CGAR smokers of this century, I love to check in every day to see what U are smokin, U my friend have some of the greatest smokes I have ever seen, U always know what's in the now and I love that, and I am wondering if that is U in the picture, I think it's cool if it is, we should show our faces I think, this CGAR world we are in is a very special small elite group of people who know what is what in life, we know the planet has given us a few natural wonders that we are here to enjoy. Cigars,Wine, Single Malt Scotch and that's it. well I'm going to put my picture up so all will know that this is who you are talking to, it's nice to put a face to the text. Photobucket
    Yes that is me in my avatar..
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    danielzreyes:
    Yea, what he said, or anything Perdomo, or Brickhouse, or JDN Celebracion.
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    bigfnsteve:
    bandyt09:
    seagarlover:
    fan·tas·tic /fæn'tæst?k/ Show Spelled[fan-tas-tik] Show IPA
    adjective
    1. conceived or appearing as if conceived by an unrestrained imagination; odd and remarkable; bizarre;
    grotesque: fantastic rock formations; fantastic designs.
    2. fanciful or capricious, as persons or their ideas or actions: We never know what that fantastic creature will say
    next. 3. imaginary or groundless in not being based on reality; foolish or irrational: fantastic fears.
    4. extravagantly fanciful; marvelous.
    5. incredibly great or extreme; exorbitant: to spend fantastic sums of money.

HOF tag line bigfnsteve...you owe me, well my employer, a new monitor because this one is covered in Coke now.lol
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seagarlover:
    Life is too short as we know and hear all the time, but it's true, so from here on in I'm going to always buy and smoke the top of the line Premium smokes, I have in my HUMI: (HOYO/GURKHA/OLIVA/PREMO DEL REY/DAVIDOFF/LA AROMA DE CUBA/AND MANY MORE, FROM NOW ON EACH ONE OF THESE SMOKES ARE MY DAILY CIGARS enjoy life, trust me when i tell U life is too tooo too short
    seagar, I like that sentiment and am slowly getting into this mindset as well. I do have some cigars that I'm saving for special future events, but I find myself skipping over the higher end cigars ($10+) in my humidor because I think "No this is not an everyday smoke; I must save it for a special occasion."

But you're right, simply smoking the cigar is a special occasion unto it's own and who knows what tomorrow will bring. So I'm going to start grabbing more of these "high end" sticks and stop skipping over them - cigars are meant to be enjoyed!

Bigshizza:
    A quick blast...Room 101 Namakubi..very nice!!
    Nom nom nom - he11s yeah Jim, gotta agree with you there. I had my first one of these about a month ago, I got it back in January and was "saving it for a special occasion" but said f*** it, it's a nice day - might as well fire up a nice smoke and enjoy it.

I need to grab a couple more of these but I think this will soon be on my "boxes to buy" list.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    That absolulty looked like a shot at Kuzi. With 12K posts if Kuzi told me to smoke dog turds I would consider it. You dont blast off 12K post for nothing. He put in his time here. Imagine the time he puts into the hobby IRL.