Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar.com blends...short filler or long filler?

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
Just bought the sampler of these and had two today...I was wondering if anyone knew if these were short filler or long filler....either way the two I had so far were very good.

The purple was nice and light but flavorful at the same time.

The Brazialian was rich and full...earthy..very enjoyable..I was pissed off when it was gone...I will revisit that one for sure...

Looking forward to the rest but in the meantime does anyone know the answer to my question (long filler or short filler)?

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Options
    hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    They're short filler.

CK
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I've been thinking about ordering some of the ccom blends, but . . . shortfiller just screams crap to me (smoked shortfillers a few times - hated the experience). They canoe like crazy, and I can't stand getting it in my teeth and having to spit every few minutes. Are there any ccom blends that are longfiller?
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    They are a sandwich. Long filler with some short filler in the bunch. We make our house blends at the Davidoff Factory. As you can imagine, having these cigars made with such premium tobacco and at the worlds most famous premium factory presents some price challenges, especially after the new taxes. In fact, it may be hard to keep our production there after SCHIP but we are trying.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    xmacro:
    I've been thinking about ordering some of the ccom blends, but . . . shortfiller just screams crap to me (smoked shortfillers a few times - hated the experience). They canoe like crazy, and I can't stand getting it in my teeth and having to spit every few minutes. Are there any ccom blends that are longfiller?

I would recommend you try one before you write them off. I just finished one a few minutes ago (red label); didn't experience any of the concerns you mention.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    brsmith21:
    xmacro:

I would recommend you try one before you write them off. I just finished one a few minutes ago (red label); didn't experience any of the concerns you mention.

Yeah I've had the CCOM Cuban Label and man thats a tasty tasty cigar . Did not experience anything like you mentioned.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    ok, I'm gonna take your word for it and order a sampler, along with a few nubs and Sol's
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    xmacro:
    ok, I'm gonna take your word for it and order a sampler, along with a few nubs and Sol's
    I have to be honest, I wasn;t a fan of the ccom label cigars until I had the Brazilian. This thing was AWESOME and the price made it even more awesome! I just bought some that I am giving to a friend to try. He is stubborn with trying new stuff so I am giving them to him and am trying to convert him at the same time. Not that I want him to stop smoking what he smokes I just want him to realize that there are better smokes out there or at least as good for the same price of even cheaper than what he smokes now.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I still have yet to have a ccom label, but I think I'm going to order a couple of Brazilian's now.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Just shows how tastes vary...I didn't like the brazilians but loved the cuban labels
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I'm with Gene on buying some cuban labels. Very light, easy on the palette and a fantastic draw.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    gmill880:
    Just shows how tastes vary...I didn't like the brazilians but loved the cuban labels
    You know, I found that if I aged the cuban label at least 6 months then I liked it somewhat. If I smoked them right away then I did not like them. Interesting. I do have weird tastes though.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I also have had a few ccom's....didn't really care much for the blue label, but the corojo was pretty good. I can't wait to try the Cuban, probably smoke that this weekend.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    405bench405bench Posts: 36

Alex Svenson:
    They are a sandwich. Long filler with some short filler in the bunch. We make our house blends at the Davidoff Factory. As you can imagine, having these cigars made with such premium tobacco and at the worlds most famous premium factory presents some price challenges, especially after the new taxes. In fact, it may be hard to keep our production there after SCHIP but we are trying.

Alex, will we get some pre-notice if ccom looks to move production?   I'd like to stock up before they move to a differant production facility.

• Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    405bench:

Alex Svenson:
    They are a sandwich. Long filler with some short filler in the bunch. We make our house blends at the Davidoff Factory. As you can imagine, having these cigars made with such premium tobacco and at the worlds most famous premium factory presents some price challenges, especially after the new taxes. In fact, it may be hard to keep our production there after SCHIP but we are trying.

Alex, will we get some pre-notice if ccom looks to move production?   I'd like to stock up before they move to a differant production facility.

Yeah, me too....I would definitely like to pick up a few boxes before a move were to happen.
  • Options
    BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    The new guy has questions...

What is difference between long and short filler?  How would I know when smoking it if I was not told?

What is Corojo?  Someone mentioned it in this thread and I recognized the name becase I smoked a Don Pepin Garcia blue label yesterday that apparently had a Corojo wrapper.
  • Options
    mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Posts: 686
    Biggin:
    The new guy has questions...

What is difference between long and short filler?  How would I know when smoking it if I was not told?

What is Corojo?  Someone mentioned it in this thread and I recognized the name becase I smoked a Don Pepin Garcia blue label yesterday that apparently had a Corojo wrapper.

long filler runs the lenght of the cigar, short filler is trimmings, sandwich is a mixture of both, I smoked one this morning I couldnt tell the diffrence burnt and smoked fine, as to your question about Corojo here is an excerpt form this months ccom newsletter

Q: What are Habano seeds?

A: Habano seeds are a general classification of tobaccos more commonly known as Cuban seeds. Under the Habano name exists many varieties of specific types of tobaccos such as Corojo, Criollo, and H-2000. These seeds are all Cuban-seed tobaccos that were specially engineered to resist specific diseases or mold, produce thicker or bigger leaves, or create particular characteristics in flavor or color. You are probably familiar with cigars featuring Corojo wrappers or Criollo wrappers and how they maintain a semi-spicy characteristic. These can both be classified as Habano-seed wrappers and are simply a more specific name under the Habano flag due to their engineering. Even the best aficionados have a hard time differentiating between the various sub types of Habano seeds since most of this type of tobacco tastes almost identical to one other. In fact, Habano-seed tobacco varies in flavor by where it is grown versus its specific seed type, which is different from other types of tobacco.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    I think the rule of thumb is that as long as theres "some" long filler in it, its worth a shot. I think its when its 100% short filler that you can bet on cheapness (not in price but quality) and overall badness. If its all short filler, I would assume its probably factory produced and something youd find in a gas station.