Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I hate remodeling.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
You know how when you start something, it sounds like a great idea and then when you get in the middle of it, you realize that this great idea you had is way more work than you anticipated?
I hit that stage tonight on our main bathroom.
Several weeks ago, we gutted it to remodel it. Tonight, we are finally finishing putting in the drains for the toilet (which got relocated), the tub/shower stall and the sink drains. Then the floor can be put back in and then the tub/shower stall can finally be put in. Then the new hardwood can be put in and it's gonna have to be sealed around the toilet and tub.

Sometimes you look at it and go, "I can do all the work myself." Yep, you can. But what a pain in the rear.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    You know how when you start something, it sounds like a great idea and then when you get in the middle of it, you realize that this great idea you had is way more work than you anticipated?
    I hit that stage tonight on our main bathroom.
    Several weeks ago, we gutted it to remodel it. Tonight, we are finally finishing putting in the drains for the toilet (which got relocated), the tub/shower stall and the sink drains. Then the floor can be put back in and then the tub/shower stall can finally be put in. Then the new hardwood can be put in and it's gonna have to be sealed around the toilet and tub.

Sometimes you look at it and go, "I can do all the work myself." Yep, you can. But what a pain in the rear.
    It's all I've been doing the last month or so.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Feel your pain!! Had to do it for myself a couple years ago to my basement bathroom... Can we say concrete floor!! It sucked but yet I feel the worst of it is painting!! Your almost done your back is dead and your cutting in trim and killing your back even more!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Those damn "home improvement" channels on TV have cost me at least $80k...I won't let the wife watch 'em anymore.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Those damn "home improvement" channels on TV have cost me at least $80k...I won't let the wife watch 'em anymore.
    My wife watches those all the time ... I do not, but She calls me over to ask/say, " wouldn't that be nice". or "let's do that".
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    kaspera79:
    JDH:
    My wife watches those all the time ... I do not, but She calls me over to ask/say, " wouldn't that be nice". or "let's do that".
    It's a trap, I tell ya, a trap. They NEVER, EVER, say how long they take, or how much these projects cost, and they always look soooooooooooooooo easy that anybody with a hammer and a saw can just whip it out in a couple of weekends.