Mitt Romney's VP pick . . . PAUL RYAN!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    jlmarta:
    rzaman:
    So many of us blame the size of the government without questioning - who bankrupted the Nation? The private corporations then took bailout money from the government(tax payers funds) and now will not hire citizen back. However, our policy makers(both Democrate and the Republican) can not ignore the accountability the tax payers vested on them. This is not the time to blame at each other rather than accept the mistake and move on with sound policy.

Once again, Rip, I think you're 'right on' with your comments. Thank you.....

Many of those Wall St. corporations used the bailout money to increase their profits and afford themselves more "bonuses" instead of righting the wrongs they were/are responsible for. The time to bring back Glass-Siegel and nearly all of the banking regulations that were put in place during the 1930’s is long overdue. Unfortunately, Wall St. owns most of the Congress now, and that likelihood is very slim.
    Which is why I must question the sanity of anyone who wants to put those who brought this down upon us back in power. Well, still in power. As long as we remain a one party system, which is what we now are, we can't expect and probably don't deserve for things to get better. Maybe we should try something new, like minding our own house, and returning to the principals set forth in the Constitution.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 1 problem with Ryan. He has a plan to seize Railroad Retirement with false claims of saving the government 2 billion of dollars over 10 years. Fact is Railroad Retirement always has been and always will be funded 100% by railroad employees without 1 cent from the federal government. It costs the American tax payers and government nothing because it is our money and is run by us. Another politician sees a honey pot and thinks he can take from it. He sees a successful program and wants to tear it down. I get 4 to 5 times what you guys get on Social Security. I also pay 2 tiers of taxes into Railroad Retirement though. The reason it is such a success is because the government does not control it.

How does he think he can steal our money and lie to the American people about how it will save them money? That is the only problem I have with him. Either way I am voting against Obama. This issue has me a little irritated though. Stealing and lies.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    "...Less government? We have a lot less than what we had decades ago,..."

By far and away the most delusional statement I have heard in a long time. Thanks. That one's a gem.

I have to say that is not a delusional statemnt at all. Having a government health care means more government. There may be less employees but more influence on our choices.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I only have 1 problem with Ryan. He has a plan to seize Railroad Retirement with false claims of saving the government 2 billion of dollars over 10 years. Fact is Railroad Retirement always has been and always will be funded 100% by railroad employees without 1 cent from the federal government. It costs the American tax payers and government nothing because it is our money and is run by us. Another politician sees a honey pot and thinks he can take from it. He sees a successful program and wants to tear it down. I get 4 to 5 times what you guys get on Social Security. I also pay 2 tiers of taxes into Railroad Retirement though. The reason it is such a success is because the government does not control it.

How does he think he can steal our money and lie to the American people about how it will save them money? That is the only problem I have with him. Either way I am voting against Obama. This issue has me a little irritated though. Stealing and lies.
    Don't worry, that's just the warm-up act, wait 'til they really get to looting.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:

amen, no one but us pays it, so no one but us should be able to take or decide where it goes....put any politicians ass on a locomotive for 30 plus years in the middle of the night, on christmas, or your childs birthday, and then he can have his portion that he paid in...........and only then and only his portion that he paid in!!!!!