Home General Discussion
Options

Got my new humi in today :( Now with pics

VisionVision Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I went ahead and scooped up an "Imperfect/Nicks/Scratches Humi this week. I recieved it in today and WOW what a total let down. I knew there could be an ingraving on the glass which there was (Close to my wife's initials so not a prob at all). But the let down is that the Hygrometer was totally broken..... All the guts smashed out, There is a good SMASHED in corner, and the top piece of wood that hold the glass down is lifted slightly. Now....... I massaged the corner down so it looks good and pushed the top down a little better. I will need to buy a hygro (dont even think about it :) ) which sort of sucks but other then that I THINK its live-able. Would you guys just say eff it and keep it (IF... Big IF it holds humidity) or would you call/return it?

Thanks for reading.... It just sucks because I want to start on seasoning it but will need to hold off till monday. What a total let down.

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo those analog hygro are useless anyways. As long as it seals the hole then you're ok.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I'd say return it - imperfects are cheaper because there's a cosmetic imperfection in the wood, or a small dent in some small corner that doesn't affect the humi. It DOESN'T mean the hygro is smashed or there's a smashed corner - that's not an imperfect, that's a POS that needs to be thrown out.
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Pete I have an extra Hygrometer and can get it to you when I get home
  • Options
    robertgreen30:
    Pet I have an extra Hygrometer and can get it to you when I get home

Thanks bro but this POS is going back. There is just way too much wrong with it. I will get pics up asap and see what people think then.
  • Options
    Vision:
    robertgreen30:
    Pet I have an extra Hygrometer and can get it to you when I get home

Thanks bro but this POS is going back. There is just way too much wrong with it. I will get pics up asap and see what people think then.
    No problem. If you need it let me know
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I love getting a new humi, just hate setting it up.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I love getting a new humi, just hate setting it up.

I enjoy the seasoning part of it. Its like waiting for XMas. I just hate when its broken.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    yeah broken isn't good.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    So I went ahead and scooped up an "Imperfect/Nicks/Scratches Humi this week. I recieved it in today and WOW what a total let down. I knew there could be an ingraving on the glass which there was (Close to my wife's initials so not a prob at all). But the let down is that the Hygrometer was totally broken..... All the guts smashed out, There is a good SMASHED in corner, and the top piece of wood that hold the glass down is lifted slightly. Now....... I massaged the corner down so it looks good and pushed the top down a little better. I will need to buy a hygro (dont even think about it :) ) which sort of sucks but other then that I THINK its live-able. Would you guys just say eff it and keep it (IF... Big IF it holds humidity) or would you call/return it?

Thanks for reading.... It just sucks because I want to start on seasoning it but will need to hold off till monday. What a total let down.
    I would guess from a long conversation that I had with the people at that site before I ordered that the break happened in shipping, and is not the imperfection. I would call. The important quote from the site is "Nothing at all that compromises the humidors ability to perform correctly. This is just cosmetic damage."
  • Options
    jthanatos:
    Vision:

I would guess from a long conversation that I had with the people at that site before I ordered that the break happened in shipping, and is not the imperfection. I would call. The important quote from the site is "Nothing at all that compromises the humidors ability to perform correctly. This is just cosmetic damage."

100% agreed.
  • Options
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Shipping damage... I agree... still sucks
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    I'm sorry but in my opinion, and this is just MY opinion I would return it asap.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Pm to you vision.
  • Options
    seagarlover:
    I'm sorry but in my opinion, and this is just MY opinion I would return it asap.

Hope to on Monday. If it was one or two bumps i would be cool with it. But this is smoked.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Peter im so sorry this happened. Hopefully you can get it taken care of.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send her back man..they'll stand behind their product..or else we will rise up!!
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Yeah, I'd send that back. My wife bought me a blem humidor a few years ago, and I'm still not sure what they considered to be a blemish. The only thing I can find wrong with it is a tool mark on the Spanish cedar lining, which is barely noticeable only if the humidor is open and empty.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Bigshizza:
    Send her back man..they'll stand behind their product..or else we will rise up!!
    There is so much truth to this comment, it's scary.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streater:
    Bigshizza:
    Yup!
    Explain to them that you talked to the guys on the "Cigar forum" that you are a member of and they said to give them a chance to make it right, before all of them boycott their company.

That usually will get them to sit up and take notice. And if it doesn't, I have no problem adding them to my "DO NOT do business with" list.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    Streater:
    Bigshizza:
    Yup!
    Explain to them that you talked to the guys on the "Cigar forum" that you are a member of and they said to give them a chance to make it right, before all of them boycott their company.

That usually will get them to sit up and take notice. And if it doesn't, I have no problem adding them to my "DO NOT do business with" list.
    +1
  • Options
    0patience:
    Streater:
    Bigshizza:
    Yup!

Thanks for all the support guys! I really appreciate it. Tomorrow we will find out. Until then my 50ct is busting at the seams! LOL
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    What happened with this??
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    That thing looks ROUGH.
  • Options
    The Kid:

After a few weeks it was replaced. I didnt want to drag it out. I wanted to bash them but ...... I didnt. They did replace it but the guy who I spoke to wasnt fun at all
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    The Kid:

After a few weeks it was replaced. I didnt want to drag it out. I wanted to bash them but ...... I didnt. They did replace it but the guy who I spoke to wasnt fun at all
    Well alls well that ends well
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    The Kid:

Well, duh...you made him work.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    The Kid:

Glad they replaced it for you....

sounds like the same experience I had with a retailer that offered "cheap"er cigar related items. Just helps put into perspective how good CCOM's customer service is, doesn't it?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *