Home Cigar 101
Options

humidorganization

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've got a couple cigar boxes aging three dozen home rolled which I'll probably just ditch cause they're such worthless stinkers. I've been mailing packages right and left to family and BOTLs. Mailed two just last week. Even so, regardless how I try, good smokable sticks which I have every intention of firing ASAP seem to multiply in my humidor faster than I can either burn them or mail them away. In the time it takes me to smoke two, I buy five, someone sends me five, I give away six, I'm up two. Thus two by two my ark fills. I've now got sixty three in a hundred count humi which I originally believed would be preposterously more than ample. From what I read here, this is just the way it goes.

As a consequence, I have resolved today to come up with a way organize my humidor to make this work.

Here's my theory: Down in the bottom of the box, I have stuff that I am aging to get smokable on the left bottom, like the Flatbed Panaceas I got today, ready to smoke premium sticks on top of them, a few sticks I can't stand the thought of smoking the last I have of in the center, and daily gars on the right. More joy from my daily gars than anything else.

I'm making myself a rule that I have to select today's smoke out of the top tray, instead of standing there twenty minutes like a loon fingering my way through everything in the box completely unable to make up my mind. So premium on the left and dailies on the right, and don't lift the tray, idjut:

How bout you? How do you humidorganize your stuff?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Organize?
    I lay them all the same way. Yep, that pretty much covers it. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I organize by where I can fit all the damn boxes like tetris lol picking a stick is easy, if I don't feel like smoking a ultra premium and I don't know if I have the time I grab usually a aj stick. If I have time but don't want a expensive stick I'll grab a la aurora #2 if I have time and feel like a treat well I go open the wineador and figure out what I'm drinking then grab a stick
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is in alphabetical order. But in my own language.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    In my JdN Humidor I have one of each of all the different sizes and types on the try, so I can look without man-handling all the cigars. I keep the rest of the JdN cigars under it. I replace the cigars in the tray when I take them out to smoke with cigars from the bottom. In my big humidor, I keep all the cigars I have 1 of in the trays. All the cigars under the trays, usually more then 5 of the same kind, stay under the trays, but I keep one of each on my tray, on top so I know what I have on the bottom. Kind of hard to explain all this without pics, pics will come soon when I get some time. My GF's Humidor is complete chaos of infused cigars and regular cigars tossed everywhere. She just opens up the lid, grabs whichever and smokes it.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have one smoking humidor. everything i smoke comes out of that. it is a rare day that i add fresh cigars to that. i have 3 aging humidors. i try and keep brands generally together in the aging humidors. im not to strict on it.
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Just recently got a wine a dor. I am trying to keep the sticks separated. I have all my AJ stuff in one tray (cigar box) fuente in another, and so on. It makes it a little easier to choose. On the other hand, I have a 50 count humi that I keep all my infused stuff in and that thing is a mess...there is no order.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    the random chaos method work nicely!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    typically by blender/brand. singles go in one humi. my aged non ISOMs goes into the wineador. the "oh great, what do I do w/ this?" stash goes into tupperwares with cedar lining.
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    reggie713:
    the random chaos method work nicely!
    +1

and bury my hard to find sticks so I don't blow through them.