Comments

• Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    if there anything like the oval i'll be happy
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The buffalonian:
    It's supposed to be a Cuban style blend so I'd hope it will be quite different honestly. I am hoping it is a departure from his typical blends.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    catfishbluezz:
    The buffalonian:
    It's supposed to be a Cuban style blend so I'd hope it will be quite different honestly. I am hoping it is a departure from his typical blends.
    Me too!!!
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Very interesting, can't wait to smoke a few.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    The buffalonian:
    +1
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    http://www.cigar-coop.com/2012/05/cigar-pre-review-pinolero-by-aj.html

This is a decent pre-review of the Pinolero. All the buzz I'm hearing about this cigar is that it really is "Cubanesque".
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JDH:

This is a decent pre-review of the Pinolero. All the buzz I'm hearing about this cigar is that it really is "Cubanesque".
    it may be good but is it Cubanesque?

ill believe it when i smoke it.

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to this, I enjoy most of AJ's stuff that I have had, and the Ovals in particular. As far as 'Cubanesque'...I really wouldn't care if it was 'Canadianesque' as long as it is delicious.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    jthanatos:
    I am looking forward to this, I enjoy most of AJ's stuff that I have had, and the Ovals in particular. As far as 'Cubanesque'...I really wouldn't care if it was 'Canadianesque' as long as it is delicious.
    +1
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    JDH:

One of the reviews I read spoke of it picking up significantly at the end. I hope this means it is not the typical AJ earth. I know he blends for the European market, so I'd hope it is geared towards that palate. The last conny AJ I had, I tossed.
  • Options
    Looks like this hit the Internet today... Funny, it says his most full bodie creation yet... Doesn't sound cubanesque to me...I'll pass for now
  • Options
    I also heard from Andy it was b&m only.... Maybe pre sales were soft
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    The buffalonian:
    Me too!!!
    +1 lmao
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    JDH:

well i smoked one, finally.
    i jotted down some quick notes as i smoked it:

I can see why Alex said that it could be confused with a Cuban cigar. With age I feel that this will become even more true. The Nicaraguan spice should tone down the sharp earth flavors that I associate with Cuban cigars could be more dominant. if it keeps the balance and the vegetable-like sweetness with age then we will be in for a real treat. The burn was perfect even when I accidentally cracked the wrapper. I am going to put a few of these down for a while and hope for the best. I do have high hopes. Thank you wwhwang for hooking me up with these as my secret santa.
  • Options
    The sharp earth upfront turned me off. It dd remind me of Por Llanga a bit or a young ISOM with the profile, but the finish was not as good. I will also grab a fiver sometime and out them down a couple years. I was very surprised when I smoked it during the second third.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I smoked one of these two days ago. I truly enjoyed it. I have to smoke a few more but I think this cigar will be up on my favorite list soon.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    The sharp earth upfront turned me off. It dd remind me of Por Llanga a bit or a young ISOM with the profile, but the finish was not as good. I will also grab a fiver sometime and out them down a couple years. I was very surprised when I smoked it during the second third.
    I haven't tried a Pinolero yet, but I know what you mean about the PL. But with the PL that sharpness is also balanced quite a bit by the very strong cedar tones. I think without them, I would not care for the PL. But as they are, I do enjoy the sharpness in their profile.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    I haven't tried a Pinolero yet, but I know what you mean about the PL. But with the PL that sharpness is also balanced quite a bit by the very strong cedar tones. I think without them, I would not care for the PL. But as they are, I do enjoy the sharpness in their profile.
    you will probably dig this then bro. Some ISOM tend to have that, PL just has it more IMO.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    you will probably dig this then bro. Some ISOM tend to have that, PL just has it more IMO.
    The PL def has the most of any CC that comes to mind.

I will have to get my hands on a couple Pinoleros then. Been meaning to give it a try anyways, actually.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I thought that the cigar was good, but a little to much spice /burn in the retrohale. They have to be smoked "gently".
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    I thought that the cigar was good, but a little to much spice /burn in the retrohale. They have to be smoked "gently".
    Huh for me there was very little spice...I'm use to aj putting something searing out but this was mild to me
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    This is why I love this forum. I trust all of your opinions a whole lot more than what I read elsewhere. And within a couple of posts I got a pretty good idea of what it will (really)taste like. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    kaspera79:
    Huh for me there was very little spice...I'm use to aj putting something searing out but this was mild to me
    This stick tore up my sinuses. I could not retrohale it or I would get no flavor out of it. Every cigar I smoke gets at least 50/50 out my nose. This one I had to pull way back on method. Not a bad cigar once I found the way I needed to smoke it.