Home General Discussion
Options

5vegas relic

Dominican Puros... Any thoughts from those who have had this stick?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    they need age.
    i mean, serious age.
    i dont like them fresh. they are decent when aged a bit.
    im trying to get a few to 5 years and i can give you an opinion then.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I've only tried one but it was one of the worst cigars I've ever tried. It could have been an anomoly. I'm not planning on trying another.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Roberto99:
    I've only tried one but it was one of the worst cigars I've ever tried. It could have been an anomoly. I'm not planning on trying another.
    it tasted a bit like ammonia? hind of harsh? burn issues?
    this is why i think after a few years of age it will even out and get better.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one ROTT, and I actually enjoyed it; just a little tight draw, which i expected havig been in a ups truck for 3 days. I remember it having a distinctive sweet characteristic... Ill smoke another this week and give an update, its been about 4-5 months
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I love these sticks! For me, the secret is dry-boxing. The cigar is so oily that it needs up to a few days out of the regular humidor to burn properly. You can put it in an un-humidified humidor, but a simple wooden cigar box (Cedar lined...) will do nicely. You don't want to leave it on the counter, or where the sun can get to it.

I know many of you are not fans of dry-boxing your cigars, but this is one that will burn better, draw better and taste better after a few days out of your humidor.
    And I agree 100% that this is a cigar to age!!

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Had a couple IMO its 5 Vegas and I'm not a fan. But forthe most part it was one of the better ones
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    I love these sticks! For me, the secret is dry-boxing. The cigar is so oily that it needs up to a few days out of the regular humidor to burn properly. You can put it in an un-humidified humidor, but a simple wooden cigar box (Cedar lined...) will do nicely. You don't want to leave it on the counter, or where the sun can get to it.

I know many of you are not fans of dry-boxing your cigars, but this is one that will burn better, draw better and taste better after a few days out of your humidor.
    And I agree 100% that this is a cigar to age!!

I will try this with the next one
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Bklyn78Bklyn78 Posts: 65
    I'm a 5 vegas fan. It was one of the first samplers I ever bought and still continue to buy. relics I do dry box them and enjoy them. burn issues are nothing like the gold maduro. for those who dont like 5 vegas give the A/AAA line a shot. Its the best in their line up IMO. Miami and cask are also good.
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only a fan of he Miami's, limited's, AAA and the cask. I really don't care about the other 5 Vegas
  • Options
    Bklyn78Bklyn78 Posts: 65
    forgot about the limitadas. I still have my '10 from my first sample pack. has about a year on it.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I had a relic this morning that had about 5 months on it. Burn got a little wonky at the end, but it tasted great!