Home Non Cigar Related

Tobacco police are coming.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now before you watch this video, I'm not a Ron Paul proponent (for that matter, I haven't a clue who to vote for), but this clip is right on.
We shouldn't have a tobacco police

The funny thing is, we just got emails at work that the Governor of Oregon has made a mandate that ALL state offices, buildings, vehicles, compounds and properties will be TOBACCO FREE.
This means that if you are on a 40 acre compound, you will have to go completely off the property to smoke or use chewing tobacco. You will not be able to use tobacco of any kind on any state property.

Since I use Copenhagen and my job involves driving to machines an hour away, I will not be allowed to use chewing tobacco at all.
People who smoke will now have to walk off the property to smoke, out in the weather.
Which means in some cases, by the time they walk to the edge of the property, light their cigarette, take one puff, it will be time to head back in.
Next, they will push to ban tobacco completely during work hours.

The beginning of the end.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gary Johnson
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ron Paul is the lone voice in the wilderness. The rest, on both sides of the aisle, are ardent totalitarians.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Ron Paul is the lone voice in the wilderness. The rest, on both sides of the aisle, are ardent totalitarians.
    uhhh... no
    Amos Umwhat:
    Gary Johnson
    that guy is one of the other voices.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    webmost:
    uhhh... no
    Amos Umwhat:
    Gary Johnson
    Can't even hear his voice.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm sort of okay with this but then I'm not. I don't like smoking at work, especially all my work life I've seen people who smoke take many more breaks than I can because they just get a hit for a few minutes.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    They will not be satisfied with just the workplace, oh no. You are kidding yourself if you think the pleasure police will stop there.
    webmost:
    kuzi16:
    webmost:
    uhhh... no
    Amos Umwhat:
    Gary Johnson
    Can't even hear his voice.
    I think there's a rolled-up "newspaper" stuffed in his mouth, just like they did to Ron Paul for so many years.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    fla-gypsy:
    They will not be satisfied with just the workplace, oh no. You are kidding yourself if you think the pleasure police will stop there.
    You got that right, no end in sight.

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said Mr. Paul. If we want to willingly and knowingly choose to smoke, it is our right. I know exactly what the costs and benefits are. Let individuals be responsible, and bear whatever consequences result from their own actions
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America